Oath of God
- (By) Ha.Meem (43:1). And the clarifying scripture (43:2).
Note: This is an oath of God referring to a set of Quranic initials: Ha.Meem and the clarifying scripture. In addition to the elements of God’s oath being at the very beginning of the surah, the quranic initials provide a lower level physical proofs of the numerical structure of Quran occurring at certain frequencies in the respective surah(s) while the initials, ‘Ha’ and ‘Meem’ in the Arabic text of 7 surahs 40 through 46 is a multiple of 19 => 292 (Ha) + 1855 (Meem) = 2147 = 19 x 113 shown details below:
Source: H.M. count published in
God has revealed Arabic Quran for the believers to understand it
- Indeed, we have made it an Arabic Quran, that you may understand (43:3). And indeed, it is in the mother scripture with us, is surely high with wisdom (43:4).
Note: By taking oath referring to a set of Quranic initial, Ha.Meem and the clarifying scripture, God affirms that He has revealed an Arabic Quran that the believers can understand it, which is preserved in the master scripture with Him, also indicates that He has sent down an edition of His scripture to each prophet while Quran being the final edition of His scripture has been confirmed in (33:40).
God has not taken back the reminder for disregarding it by the wicked people
- Should we then take away from you the reminder due to disregard that you have been a transgressing people? (43:5). How many of a prophet we have sent to a people of the previous generations (43:6). No prophet comes to them except they have done to mock with him (43:7). Then we have destroyed of them stronger in power, and has passed an example of a people of the previous generations (43:8). And surely, if you (prophet) had asked them, “Who has created the heavens and the earth,” surely, they would say, “Has created them the Almighty, the Knower.” (43:9). He is the One who has made the earth habitat for you, and has made roads for you therein, that you may guide (43:10).
Note: No prophet comes to the people, except many of them had mocked them. He has destroyed many wicked nations but He did not take back the reminder. Thus He has made the earth habitat and has provided roads in it to guide them.
God has given us everything what we need to enjoy in the earth
- And He is the One who has sent down water with measure from the sky, and we have revived a dead land with it; thus that you will be brought forth (43:11). And He is the One who has created all of them in the pairs, and has made of the ship and the cattle for what you ride (43:12). That you may sit on their backs, then you may remember your Lord’s favor when you have sat on them, and may say, “Glory to the One who has subjected this for us, and we have not made capable of it (43:13). And indeed, we will surely be returning to our Lord (43:14).
Note: God is the Almighty and the Knower who has created the heavens and earth, and has given everything what we enjoy, and that we may glorify Him reflecting that we will be returning to Him.
Human being is ungrateful to His Creator
- And they have attributed a share for Him from His slaves. Indeed, mankind is surely without any doubt ungrateful (43:15). Or has He taken daughters of what He has created, while He has chosen you with the sons? (43:16). When has been given good news (of a female child) to one of them, likeness of what he has ascribed to the Gracious, his face has become dark and he is with grief (43:17). Then whoever is brought up in the good cares, while he is in the disputes not being clear?” (43:18). And they have made the angels females, those who – they are servants of the Gracious, Have they witnessed their creation? Their witness will be recorded, and they will be questioned (43:19).
Note: Human being is brought up in good care but they share for God from His creation and assign daughters to Him but they become grief with a news of a female child while they have made the angels females even they do not have any knowledge of it for what they have to be answerable to their Lord.
Most people hold fast to what is nothing but guess
- And they said, “If the Gracious had willed, we would not have worshiped them.” For them there is no knowledge of that; they do nothing except they guess (43:20). Or have we given them a book of its before that they are holding fast to it? (43:21).
Note: What most people follow other than the scripture is nothing but guess, which cannot be substituted of the wisdom given in God’s scripture.
It is human tragedy to follow footsteps of their forefathers
- Nay, they said, “Indeed, we have found our forefathers on being a community (on it), and indeed, we are guided on their footsteps.” (43:22). And it is thus that we have not sent any warner to any town before yourself (prophet) except its leaders had said, “Indeed, we have found our forefathers on being a community (on it), and indeed, we are guided on their footsteps.” (43:23). He said, “Even if have I come to you with a better guidance than what you have found your forefathers upon it?” They said, “Indeed, we are disbelievers in what you have been sent with it.” (43:24). So, we have taken revenge of them. Then you shall see how has been an end of the deniers (43:25).
Note: God has warned many communities sending His messengers in the past but their leaders had said that they guided them on the footsteps of their forefathers even their warners said to them what is about it if they have been sent with better guidance but they still disbelieved in what is sent with them, while God has revenged them and the end of the deniers can be perceived by the people of the subsequent generations.
Abraham’s promise to worship of his Creator
- And when Abraham said to his father and his people, “Indeed, I am free from what you worship (43:26), except the One who has created me, then indeed, He will guide me.” (43:27). He has made it an everlasting word among his descendants that they may return (43:28).
Note: Abraham said to his father and his people that he does not worship what they worship except the One who has created him and he has also made it a word among his descendants so that they can return.
Quran revealed to a people and their forefathers who were misguided
- Nay, I have given enjoyment to these and their forefathers until had come to them the truth and a clarifying messenger (43:29). And when had come to them the truth, they said, “This is magic, and indeed, we are disbelievers in it.” (43:30). And they said, “If not has been sent down this – the Quran to an eminent man of the two towns (Makkah and Yathrib).” (43:31). Do they distribute a mercy of your (prophet) Lord? We have distributed their livelihood between themselves in the life of the world, and we have raised one of them over other in ranks that one of them may take other for service. And your Lord’s mercy is better than what they hoard (43:32).
Note: Those who disbelieved among those who have been given the Quran said if it has been given to a prominent person of the two cities such as Makkah or Yathrib they would believe in it while it is a mercy of God upon whom He will place it, and whoever has been raised over others. Thus, one of them can take other for service, while our Lord’s mercy is better than what they hoard.
The worldly life for the disbelievers while the Hereafter for the righteous
- And if not that mankind would be one community, we would have made for whoever disbelieves in the Gracious for their houses of roofs with silver and stairs upon which they could mount (43:33). And for their houses doors, and couches upon which they could recline (43:34). And ornaments; and is not all that but an enjoyment of the life of the world, while the Hereafter with your (prophet) Lord is for the righteous (43:35).
Note: God would give more luxury to the disbelievers if not human being has been a single community as the enjoyment of the worldly life is for the disbelievers while the Hereafter is for the righteous.
A devil is a companion of whoever turns away from the Gracious
- And whoever turns away from remembrance of the Gracious, we appoint a devil for him, then he is a companion for him (43:36). And indeed; surely, they turn them from the path, while they think that they are guided ones (43:37). Until when he has come to us he said, “Oh I wish that there were a distance of the two easts between me and you. Then how has been miserable is the companion!” (43:38). And it will not benefit you the day when you have wronged that you will be partners in the punishment (43:39).
Note: God has made devil a companion of whoever has turned away from the remembrance of Him while they think that they are the guided ones until they realize that a devil is their miserable companion and is not a partner in sharing the retribution.
Messenger has been sent to be worshipers of the Gracious
- Can you (prophet) then make the deaf hear; or can you guide the blind, and whoever has been far astray? (43:40). So whether we take away with you, then indeed, we are revenger of them (43:41). Or we may show you that which we have promised them, then indeed, we are powerful over them (43:42). So, you shall hold fast to that which has been revealed to you; Indeed, you are on a straight path (43:43). And indeed, this is a reminder for you and your people, and soon you will be questioned (43:44). And you (prophet) ask whom we have sent of our messenger before yourself; have we made gods other than the Gracious to be worshiped?” (43:45).
Note: Prophet has no other responsibility over those who have denied God’s message being deaf and blind to what has been revealed to him except reciting to them while they have done wrong for themselves, and it is a reminder for the prophet himself as well as for the people, while God has sent messenger only to worship the Gracious, which is His system from the past.
God had sent Moses with His signs to Pharaoh and his people
- And certainly, we had sent Moses with our signs to Pharaoh and his elders, while he said: “Indeed me, I am a messenger from Lord of the worlds.” (43:46). Then when he had come to them with our signs, then they laughed at them (43:47). And we do not show them a sign except which was greater than its previous one, and we had seized them with the punishment that they may return (43:48). And they said, “O the magician, you shall invoke your Lord for us with what He has promised with you; indeed, we will surely be guided ones.” (43:49). Then when we had removed from them the punishment, then they broke (43:50).
Note: God had sent Moses to Pharaoh and his people with His signs but they mocked at them. Then He seized them with the punishment, while they asked Moses to relieve the punishment and promised to be guided ones but when the punishment (plague) was removed, they broke their promise.
Drowning of Pharaoh and his people is an example for people of later generations
- And Pharaoh declared among his people; he said, “O my people, has not it been for me kingdom of Egypt, and this is of the rivers flowing of my underneath? Do you then not see? (43:51). Or am I better than this, the one he is powerless and would hardly be to clarify? (43:52). Then even if has not been placed bracelets of gold upon him, or has come with him the angels accompanying?” (43:53). So, he had fooled his people, then they obeyed him. Indeed, they had been a disobedient people (43:54). So when they had angered us, we seized of them, then we drowned them all (43:55). So we have made them precedents and example for the people of later generations (43:56).
Note: Pharaoh compared him with God’s messengers and declared him better and more powerful than the one God has sent to him. Thus, Pharaoh had fooled his people and as a consequence they were drowned, which is an example for the people of later generations.
Jesus is a sign of the end of the world
- And when son of Mary has been cited as an example, your (prophet) people laugh from it (43:57). They said, “Are our gods better, or he?” They have not cited to you (prophet) except an argument. Nay, they are an argumentative people (43:58). He (Jesus) is not except a servant, we have bestowed favor upon him and we have made him an example for Children of Israel (43:59). And if we had willed, surely, we could have made from you angels in the earth to succeed (43:60). And indeed, he (Jesus) is surely a sign of the Hour (the end of the world). So, you do not doubt about it (the Hour) and shall follow Me. This is a straight path (43:61). And let not the Satan avert you; indeed, he is a great enemy to you (43:62). And when Jesus had come with the clear proofs, he said, “Certainly, I have come to you with the wisdom, and that I make clear of that which you differ in it. So you shall fear God and shall obey me (43:63). Indeed God, He is my Lord and your Lord; so, you shall worship Him. This is a straight path.” (43:64). While disputed the parties among themselves, so woe to those who had wronged from a punishment of a painful day (43:65).
Note: Jesus is a servant of God and He has sent him as an example to the Children of Israel with the wisdom and the clear proofs to make clear that they shall fear God and shall obey him, and shall worship God, which is a straight path for them, while he is a sign to know the time of the end of the world and there should not have any doubt about it what God has willed, which is a straight path for all of us.
The Hour will come all on a sudden to the disbelievers
- Do they wait except for the Hour that it should come to them on a sudden, while they do not perceive? (43:66). The close friends on that day will be an enemy to one of them to other, except the righteous. (43:67). O My servants, there is no fear for you on the day, nor do you grieve (43:68).
Note: The Hour, i.e., the end of the world will remain hidden to the disbelievers and on that day the close friends will be enemy to one another while there is no fear for the righteous nor do they grieve.
Paradise for the righteous and Hell for the disbelievers
- Those who have believed in our revelations and have been submitters (43:69). Enter Paradise, you and your spouses delighted (43:70). Will be served for them with plates of gold and cups, and therein is what desire the souls, and delights the eyes, and you are dwellers therein forever (43:71). And that is the Paradise which you have been made to inherit for what you have done to accomplish (43:72). For you therein abundant fruit from it you will eat (43:73). Indeed, the criminals will be in the punishment of Hell being dwellers forever (43:74). Will not be reduced for them and they will be therein as despaired (43:75). And we have not wronged them but they have been the wrongdoers to them (43:76). They have called: “O Malik, let your Lord put an end to us.” He said, “Indeed, you will be remaining forever (43:77). Certainly, we have come to you with the truth, but most of you are averse to the truth.” (43:78). Or have they determined to an affair? Then indeed, we are determined (43:79). Or do they think that we do not hear their secrets and conspiracies? Nay, and our messengers with them are recording (43:80).
Note: Those who have believed in God’s revelations and have been submitters will enter Paradise with their spouses for what they have done to inherit it while the criminals who were averse to the truth will be punished in Hell being dwellers in it forever, and they will become despaired and will ask guardian of Hell to tell his Lord to put an end but they will remain therein as they were determined on their affairs, and their activities were recorded by the angel messenger.
Glory to God being Lord of the heavens, and the earth and the Throne
- Say (prophet): “If the Gracious had a son, I would be a first of the worshipers.” (43:81). Glory to Lord of the heavens and the earth, Lord of the Thorne, above what they ascribe (43:82). So you shall leave them to indulge in vain talk and play until they meet their day, which they are promised (43:83).
Note: It is not befitting for the Gracious to have a son being Lord of the heavens, the earth and the Throne while they will know what has been promised for them for their vain talk cannot escape when they meet Him.
God is a deity in the heavens and the earth
- And He is the One is a deity in the heaven and is a deity in the earth, and He is the Wise, the Knower (43:84). And blessed is the One to Him belongs sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, and whatever is between both of them; and with Him is knowledge of the Hour and to Him you will be returned (43:85). And those whom they call other than Him do not possess power of the intercession, except who has testified with the truth, while they know (43:86). And surely, if you have asked them who has created them, surely, they will say, “God.” Then how are they deluded? (43:87). And his saying: “O my Lord; indeed, these are a people who do not believe.” (43:88). So, you shall turn away from them and say, “Peace.” Then they will know (43:89).
Note: God being the Wise and the Knower has confirmed that He is a deity in the heavens and the earth having sovereignty of the heavens and the earth, while He knows the time of the end of the world and all of us will be returned to Him followed by the event. Even the disbelievers know that God is Creator of them but still they fail to worship Him, and there is no power of intercession of anyone except God who has testified with the truth.
Surah Al-Zukhruf (The Ornaments) can be reviewed reflecting that God has given us Quran in Arabic that the believers can understand it preserved in the master scripture, which is also an indication that God has given an edition of His scripture to each prophet while Quran is the final edition given to prophet Muhammad. We should also reflect that God is the Lord of the heavens, the earth and the Throne while He is only deity in the heavens and the earth, and the end of the world will remain hidden to the disbelievers and will come to them all on a sudden while Jesus is a sign to know the time of the end of the world. What He has given us in the earth to enjoy are ornaments of the earth, and if the human being is not a single community, He would give more luxury to the disbelievers as the worldly life is for the disbelievers and there is nothing for them in the Hereafter while the Hereafter is for the righteous. Those who have believed in God’s revelations and have been submitters will enter the Paradise with their spouses while the criminals who were averse to the truth will be punished in Hell being dwellers in it forever, even they become despaired therein will remain therein and their punishment will not be reduced as they were determined on their activities in the earth and God is determined on what has been recorded by the angels.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.