The events on a day the world will come to an end
- When the sun has been wrapped up (81:1). And when has lost radiance the stars (81:2). And when has been moved away the mountains (81:3). And when has been halted the reproduction (81:4). And when has been gathered the beasts (81:5). And when has been made to overflow the oceans (81:6). And when has been reinstated the souls (into bodies) (81:7). And when has been asked the infant female buried alive (81:8). For what crime has she been killed? (81:9). And when has been laid open the records (81:10). And when has been removed the sky (81:11). And when has been set the Hellfire (81:12). And when has been brought near the Paradise (81:13), has known a soul what it has brought (81:14).
Note: This is an earlier revelation where God has specified the events that will happen on a day the world will come to an end, and these events should serve as explicit proofs for us from God that we can reflect on two destinations with Him either the Hellfire or the Paradise based on our records. Thus, every one of us should prepare themselves to see them in the Paradise to avoid the Hellfire, while every soul has known that what it has brought on that day.
Oath of God
- That nay, I swear by the retreating stars (81:15). Those are rising and setting (81:16). And the night when it has departed (81:17). And the dawn when it has breathed (81:18).
Note: God has taken an oath referring to four items from His creations: (1) the retreating stars, (2) that rise and set, (3) the night that departs, and (4) and the dawn that advents.
Quran is an honorable messenger from God established on the Throne
- Indeed, it is surely a word of an honorable messenger (81:19). Possessor of power from an Owner of the established Throne (81:20), to be obeyed being trustworthy (81:21).
Note: By taking oath referring to four items from His creations, God has affirmed that Quran is an honorable messenger revealed by an Owner of the established Throne not to have any doubt in any of its statements, while we may reflect here that a message being a messenger recites God’s revelations to the people to be obeyed being trustworthy.
Messenger of Covenant saw him in the high horizon
- And your friend is not crazy (81:22). And certainly, he has seen him at the clear horizon (81:23). And he is not a withholder of the unseen (81:24). And it is not a word of a rejected Satan (81:25).
Note: By taking oath referring to four items from His creations God has also affirmed that a messenger of covenant when he had come to them, they will believe him and what he had shared with them, while He has informed us that He will send a messenger after the delivery of all the scripture (3:81) what we know now is destined to unveil the code of the Quran by His leave upon fulfillment of the related prophecies and promises of God. However, prophet has also seen him in the high horizon, which has been covered in a separate set of verses not to confuse with a messenger of covenant.
Quran is a reminder for the people of the world
- So where are you going? (81:26). It is not except a reminder for the people of the world (81:27). For whoever has willed to go straight (81:28). And you do not wish except what wills God, Lord of the worlds (81:29).
Note: The Quran, a reminder for the people of the world is from God, Lord of the worlds to go to a straight path, while we cannot uphold except what God wills.
Surah al-takweer (Surah 81: The Overthrowing) is a short surah consisting of 29 simple verses can be reviewed reflecting to the events that will happen when the world comes to an end, while by taking oath God has affirmed Quran to be an honorable messenger and a reminder for the people of the world to go to a straight path, and God’s messenger of the covenant has seen him in the clear horizon that the people would believe him and what he had conveyed to the people by permission of God upon fulfillment of His covenant of the prophets, and also they do not confuse between the role of a messenger of covenant and the prophet.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.