Oath of God
- Nay, I swear by a Day of the Resurrection (75:1). And nay, I swear by the blaming soul (75:2).
Note: The above 2 verses have made a statement of God’s oath referring to 2 items: (1) a day of the Resurrection and (2) the blaming soul (the disbelieving soul).
God has confirmed a day of the Resurrection
- Does the human being think that we cannot put together his bones (75:3)? Nay, being an Able on that we can reinstate his fingertip (75:4). Nay, the human being intends that it may be a lie to his front (75:5). He asks when is a Day of the Resurrection! (75:6). Then when the vision has dazzled (75:7). And the moon has eclipsed (75:8). And has been crashed the sun and the moon (75:9). The human being will say on that day, “Where is the escape?” (75:10). No, there is no refuge (75:11).
Note: God has affirmed by taking an oath referring to the two unusual events that the resurrection must occur letting us know that He can not only put together the bones, is even able to reinstate the fingertip of the human while He has associated events with it how it will happen as well that the human being should establish belief in his heart eliminating any doubts about what is approaching. On a day of the resurrection the moon has covered and the crashing of the sun and the moon will produce a terrible sound to bring a terror in him when the human beings will try to find any refuge, even though there is no refuge for them.
God’s judgment followed by the Resurrection
- To your Lord, that day is the place of return (75:12). The human being will be informed that day of what he has sent forth and what he has left behind (75:13). The human being will be a witness upon himself (75:14). And even if he has presented his excuse (75:15).
Note: The judgment will take place followed by the event of resurrection, and everyone will be judged based on what he has sent forth and what he has left behind, even giving everyone an opportunity to plead for himself before placing them to their respective place of their return.
Explanation of Quran is in the Quran
- Do not move your (Muhammad) tongue with it (Quran) that you hasten with it (75:16). Indeed, upon us is its collection and its recitation (75:17). So when we have recited it, then you shall follow its recitation (75:18). Then indeed, upon us is its explanation (75:19).
Note: God has confirmed that there is explanation of Quran in the Quran to help the believers build their concept to accurate interpretation of its messages avoiding misinterpretation. Thus, He has not left anything for His prophet to explain it to his contemporaries except to recite to them what is being recited to him. He has also made it clear for the believers of any generation of people that they do not have to depend on outside resources to understand its messages, even for the believers to whom its language is foreign among the people of the world (41:44), making sincerity a requirement to understand it (56:79) while He is the Most Gracious, a teacher of the Quran (55:1-2).
Consequence of those who have disregarded the Hereafter
- Nay, you love the fleeting life (75:20). And disregard the Hereafter (75:21). There are faces that day, will be radiating (75:22), looking to their Lord (75:23). And there are faces that day, will be darkening (75:24). Expecting that burdening will be done with them (75:25).
Note: Those who have given priority to the life of the Hereafter over the life of the world, their faces will be radiating on a day of the Resurrection looking to their Lord while those who have given priority to the life of the world over the life of the Hereafter, their faces on that day will be darkening expecting burden for what they have done.
Moment of the death for the disbelievers
- No, when it (the soul) has reached the throat (75:26). And it has been said: “Who can be saver?” (75:27). And he has believed that it is the parting (75:28). And one leg has fastened with the other leg (75:29). To your Lord that day, is the driving (75:30). As he has not accepted truth nor has he prayed (75:31). But he has denied and has turned away (75:32). Then he had gone to his family to swagger (75:33). Woe to you, is woe! (75:34). Then woe to you, is woe! (75:35). Does the human being think that he will be left out of reckoning? (75:36).
Note: At the time of death the disbelievers know that the soul is departing towards its Lord to be resurrected on a day and woe to the disbelievers who have denied that day and have not accepted the truth and have thought that there is no reckoning for them.
Reproduction and resurrection of human being
- Was he not a drop of ejected semen (75:37)? Then he has been an embryo, then He has created as He has designed (75:38). Then He has made from him two kinds – the male and the female (75:39). Has not it been that He is able over that He can give life of the dead? (75:40).
Note: None should have any doubt about resurrection reflecting that the One who has reproduced the human being undergoing through a precise process is also able to resurrect him after the death.
- Sura Al-Qiyaamah meaning “The Resurrection” named according to a word placed in the first verse and the sixth verse of the sura.
- It is a short sura consisting of 40 verses of which the first 2 verses are statements of God’s oath.
- God has affirmed by taking an oath referring to the two unusual events that the resurrection must occur and the human being should not doubt about it.
- He has let us know that He is not only able to put together the bones, is even able to reinstate the fingertip of the human being to eliminate any traces of doubt from our hearts about the resurrection.
- God knows that the human being may have difficulty to believe in the resurrection being an approaching event has associated the significant events with it to have solid proof for him.
- The day the moon has covered, and the sun and the moon have crushed that will produce a terrible sound to bring a terror in him.
- The human being on that day will try to escape from it but there is no refuge for him.
- The judgment will take place followed by the event of resurrection to put everyone in his place of return, which we are aware that either Heaven (Paradise) or Hell (Fire).
- Everyone will be given opportunity to plead for himself before putting him in the place of his return.
- Prophet was forbidden to share anything with his contemporaries about the Quran what has not yet been recited to him or explained in the Quran.
- God has commanded him to recite from the Quran what is being recited to him as his responsibility is to recite being a prophet chosen by Him while its recitation to him and its explanation upon Him.
- Thus, the Quran is so explained that the sincere believers should not have any difficulty to understand divine messages in the Quran being our teaching from Him to do right in right way.
- Those who have given priority to the life of the Hereafter over the life of the world, their faces will be radiating on a day of the Resurrection looking towards their Lord.
- While those who have given priority to the life of the world over the life of the Hereafter, their faces will be darkening on that day expecting burden for what they have sent forth and have left behind.
- At the time of death the disbelievers know that the souls are departing towards their Lord to be resurrected on a day.
- They have denied it and have turned away and have not accepted the truth from their Lord thinking that there is no reckoning for them.
- God is the One who has established a precise system to reproduce the human beings on the earth causing death to them to enter the Hereafter.
- This may be an enough proof for the human beings not to have any doubt about the resurrection after the death that they can prepare themselves to make them the winners in the Hereafter.
In brief, surah (Al-Qiyaamah: The Resurrection) is an earlier surah, which has 40 verses, and the important pieces of information covering in the surah are: (1) oath of God, (2) God has confirmed a day of the resurrection, (3) God’s judgment followed by the resurrection, (4) God has explained Quran in the Quran, (5) consequence of those who have disregarded the Hereafter, (6) moment of the death for the disbelievers, and (7) reproduction and resurrection of the human being.
It is imperative that the pieces of information as outlined are very relevant with the message the surah is dealing except the piece that God has explained Quran in the Quran. It is apparent that the message in the verses, 75:16-19 that God has forbidden His prophet to share anything about the Quran with his contemporaries what has not yet been recited to him or explained it in the Quran, is not relevant in the sura. But if we can reflect to what we have learned from the Quran that God has placed certain commands in specific suras that play a crucial role for appropriate interpretation of its messages being placed in the respective suras. The resurrection is an event that many of us have difficulty to believe, being prerequisite for us to prepare ourselves for the Hereafter. Thus, God has explained the event of resurrection with enough evidences that we do not miss it to see our success in the everlasting life of the Hereafter preventing us from suffering as He has explained Quran in the Quran that we do not miss any of His commands avoiding misinterpretation and misconception to do right thing in right way.
In conclusion, by taking oath God has confirmed a day of the Resurrection even including the event in His oath. In addition, He has associated certain events with it confirming reckoning of the human beings. Then how can the deniers disregard it thinking that there is no reckoning for them when the final judgment will take place followed by this event as well as the end of the world, which has so clear explanation as God has explained Quran in the Quran to make clear His commands and laws for us?
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.