Oath of God
- By those (angels) who are sent in succession (77:1). And those (angels) who drive the wind (77:2). And those (angels) who move the clouds (77:3). And those (angels) who record good and evil (77:4). And those (angels) who bring down reminder (77:5), as advice or warning (77:6).
Note: This is an oath of God consisting of 5 statements referring to 5 categories of angels: (1) al-mursalaat, (2) al-`aasifaat, (3) al-naashiraat, (4) al-faariqaat and (5) al-mul’qiyaat being 77:5 and 77:6 a single statement in the oath.
The events that will happen on a day what God has promised
- Indeed, what you are promised will surely occur (77:7). Then when the stars have been put out (77:8). And when the heaven has been spilt into pieces (77:9). And when the mountains have been blown away (77:10). And when has been gathered the messengers (77:11). That is what has been postponed for a Day? (77:12). For a Day of the Judgment (77:13). And what has made you know what a day of the Judgment is? (77:14). Woe to the deniers that day (77:15).
Note: By taking oath God has affirmed that the promised day will surely occur followed by the events: (1) the stars will be put out, (2) the heaven will be split into pieces, (3) the mountains will be blown away, and (4) the messengers will be gathered, while the promised day is a day of the Judgment, will be a difficult day for the deniers, which has been postponed for now being an opportunity for us to prepare ourselves for the day.
God has dealt with the criminals
- Did we not destroy the previous people? (77:16). Then we follow up them the later people (77:17). Thus that we deal with the criminals (77:18). Woe to the deniers that day (77:19).
Note: God has destroyed the previous people as well as the later people to deal with the criminals but woe to the deniers on that day.
God has reproduced human from liquid mixture
- Did we not create you from a lowly liquid? (77:20). Then we have placed it in a protected repository (77:21). Towards a known period (77:22). Thus, we have measured is the precise measures (77:23). Woe to the deniers that day (77:24).
Note: God has created human from a mixture of liquid while he remains in mother’s womb for a definite number of period but woe to the deniers on that day.
The earth has made a habitation for human with living and dying
- Did we not make the earth habitation? (77:25), living and dying (77:26). And we have placed high mountains therein and have provided with you to drink fresh water (77:27). Woe to the deniers on that day (77:28).
Note: God has made the earth a habitation for human with his living and dying providing a fresh water as well as setting mountains within it for its balance but woe to the deniers on that day.
God has permitted the deniers to go towards sufferings
- You shall go forward to what you have done to deny in it (77:29). You shall go forward to a shadow having three columns (77:30). No cool shade, while does not protect from the flame (77:31). Indeed, it throws of sparks as big as mansions (77:32). Like that it is yellow camels (77:33). Woe to the deniers on that day (77:34).
Note: God has permitted the deniers to go forward to suffer in three manners: (1) no cool shade that cannot protect from the flame, (2) the flames like mansions, and (3) yellow colored camels but woe to the deniers on that day.
The deniers cannot speak nor will they be given permission to make excuses
- This is a day they will not speak (77:35). Nor will it be given permission for them that they make excuses (77:36). Woe to the deniers that day (77:37). This is a day of the Judgment; we have gathered you and the previous people (77:38). So, if there has been any plan for you, then you shall plan against Me (77:39). Woe to the deniers that day (77:40).
Note: On a day of the Judgment the deniers will be gathered with all other people and God will ask them to have their plan against Him while they cannot speak nor will they be permitted to make excuses but woe to the deniers that day.
The good-doers will be rewarded for what they have done to achieve
- Indeed, the righteous will be in shades and springs (77:41), and fruits from what they desire (77:42). You eat and drink in satisfaction for what you have done to accomplish (77:43). Indeed, we thus that reward the good-doers (77:44).
Note: The righteous will be rewarded shades, springs and fruits from their desire while they will eat and drink with their satisfaction for what they have done to achieve.
The criminals will eat and enjoy for a while
- Woe to the deniers that day (77:45). You eat and enjoy for a while; indeed, you are criminals (77:46). Woe to the deniers that day (77:47). And when it has been said to them, “You shall bow,” they do not bow (77:48). Woe to the deniers that day (77:49). So, in which Hadith do they believe after of it (Quran)? (77:50).
Note: The deniers are the criminals who will eat and enjoy for a while, and they do not bow down according to a reminder having explanation or warning but woe to the deniers that day, who do not uphold reminder (Quran) except fabrications.
Surah al-mur’salaat (Surah 77: The sent ones) can be reviewed reflecting that by taking oath referring to the different groups of angels who are assigned different tasks God has affirmed the promised day and the events on that day addressing the retaliation for the deniers and the recompense for the righteous that we should take seriously, while the deniers do not bow down upholding a reminder having advice or warning but what they believe and follow other than it. Thus, the promised day is a day of the judgment, which will be a difficult day for the deniers, and should we not bow down upholding what God has given us to be with the righteous reflecting to His promise on the future event that there is no way for us to escape from it?
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.