A group of jinns found Quran wonderful for guiding to the right path
- Say, “It has been revealed to me (Muhammad) that it has listened a group of the jinn,” while they said, “Indeed, we have heard a wonderful Quran (72:1). It guides to the right path; so, we have believed in it, and we will never associate anyone with our Lord (72:2).
Note: A group of the jinn who had listened to the Quran found it wonderful, which guides to the right path to worship God without associating partner(s) with Him.
Righteous jinns share misconception of unrighteous jinns and humans
- “And that He has exalted Himself too high is a Majesty of our Lord; He has not taken a mate, nor a son (72:3). And that it has been fool of us to speak an exceeding disobedience about God (72:4). And that we had thought that neither the human, nor the jinn would say a lie about God (72:5). And that there has been men among the human who seek power in men of the jinn, so they have increased trouble for them (72:6). And that they had thought like you have thought that God would not raise anyone (as messenger) (72:7).
Note: God cannot have a mate or a son as our Lord and those who talk about it are disobedient to God, while the jinn and the human should not lie about Him. The men who seek power in jinns put themselves in trouble while the disbelieving jinns and humans believe that God would not send messenger.
Statements of righteous jinns about themselves
- “And that we had touched the heaven that we would have found it has been filled of powerful guards and projectiles (72:8). And that we had been to sit positions from it for hearing, so whoever listens now will find for him a powerful projectile (72:9). And that we do not know whether an evil has been intended with whoever is in the earth, or their Lord has intended a right path with them (72:10). And that of us we are the righteous, and of us there are other than that, we are on various paths (72:11). And that we have become certain that we can never cause failure to God in the earth, and we can never escape Him by flight (72:12).
Note: The jinn know that the heaven is protected with powerful guards and projectiles, and they cannot listen anything from there. They do not know who have been evil in the earth and who are guided in it by their Lord. Among the jinn there are righteous and unrighteous, and they know that they cannot make fail God in the earth nor can they escape from Him in the Hereafter.
The jinns who have heard the guidance believe in it
- “And that when we have heard the guidance, we have believed in it. So whoever believes in his Lord, then he will not fear any loss, nor any misery (72:13) And that of us we are the submitters, and of us we are the unjust.” So whoever has submitted, then those have sought a right path (72:14).
Note: The righteous jinns listen to the guidance and they believe in it to seek for a right path being submitters.
The unjust jinns will be fuel of Hell
- And as for the unjust, then they have been fuel for Hell (72:15). And that if they had stayed on the right path, surely, we would have given them to drink abundant water (72:16). That we will test them in it. And whoever turns away from remembering his Lord, it will make him enter a severe punishment (72:17).
Note: The unjust jinns will be fuel of Hell but if they had stayed on the right path, God would have given them abundant water to drink. Thus, those who have turned away from remembering Him will suffer a severe punishment while we know from God’s words that He has not created the jinn and the human except to worship Him (51:56).
Prophet had advocated worship of One God
- And that the masjids belong to God; so you do not call on anyone with God (72:18). And that when God’s servant had stood to call on Him (without associating anyone), they have been almost all to be a band around him (72:19). Say, “I (Muhammad) only call on my Lord, and I do not associate anyone with Him.” (72:20).
Note: God has commanded all of us when we remember Him in the masjids, we must dedicate our remembrance to Him alone, and when the prophet had made this stand, he encountered a strong opposition from the idolaters around him but he had continued it to obey his Lord’s command.
Prophet had no power except conveying God’s messages
- Say, “I (Muhammad) do not possess for you any harm nor a right path (72:21). Say, “Indeed, no one can protect me from God, nor can I find any refuge other than Him (72:22), except an announcement from God and His messages.” And whoever disobeys God and His messenger, then indeed, for him there is a fire of Hell as a dweller in it forever (72:23).
Note: There is no protector for us other than God, and we can save us from the Hellfire obeying God and His messenger while there is a clear warning from Him that we do not idolize His prophet being aware of his only duty is to convey His message.
Prophet had no knowledge when the world will end
- Until when they (disbelievers) have seen what they are promised that they will know who is weaker in helpers and fewer in number (72:24). Say, “I (Muhammad) do not know whether is near what you are promised, or my Lord will make a term for it.” (72:25).
Note: God has promised that the world will end when the disbelievers will know who would be helped and who would be fewer in number, while the prophet had no knowledge whether the event is near or is far from now.
God does not reveal from the past and future except through His messenger
- A Knower of the unseen, while He does not reveal of His unseen to anyone (72:26), except whomever He has permitted of a messenger; then indeed, He reveals an unrevealed from his past and from his future (72:27). That He knows that certainly, they have conveyed their Lord’s messages, and He has encompassed of what is with them, and He has counted number of all things (72:28).
Note: God is Knower of the unseen, while He does not reveal the unseen to anyone except through a messenger He has permitted, then He reveals an unrevealed from his past and from his future. Hence, there is a reference that He has permitted His messenger of covenant (3:81) to reveal Quran’s mathematical coding being from his past and to unveil the time when the world will end being from his future. While He knows who has delivered what and has counted number of all things
In a nutshell Surah al-jinn (Surah 72: The Jinn) is a short surah, which can be reviewed reflecting that the Quran is a wondrous creation of God, a group of jinns who has listened it found it a guidance for them to a right path to worship God without associating with Him, the righteous jinns share the misconceptions of jinns and humans – they both speak an exceeding disobedience and lie about God and they both believe that He will not send messenger anymore; the jinn also share certain facts about themselves – they had touched the heaven but have found it protected with guards and projectiles, they do not know whether their Lord has intended an evil with whomever in the earth or has intended a right path with whomever, they know that they cannot make fail God in the earth nor can they be escaped from Him, those who have heard the guidance believe in it; among the jinns there are righteous and unrighteous and the unrighteous jinns will suffer a severe punishment being fuel of the Hellfire for turning away from remembering God.
God has let us know that the masjids belong to Him, so we cannot call anyone with Him in them but it is very difficult to find such masjid in the world, prophet had made a stand to worship God without associating Him in them, he encountered a strong opposition from the idolaters around him, he had no power except conveying the message given to him confirms that the believers will only focus on what has been given to him, he had no knowledge about the time when the world will end is a clear indication that God has not permitted him to unveil its time, while He does not reveal from the past and the future except through a messenger He has permitted is a reference for us to be certain that the messenger of the covenant has been permitted to predict that the world will end in 1710 A.H (2280 A.D) based on signs and facts derived from the Quran, while He knows who has conveyed what and He has counted number of all things.
Even this is a short surah consisting of short verses but there are crucial messages that may help us to avoid many misconceptions around us introduced based on misinterpretation of certain verses of Quran and man-made words. If the jinn and the human who have not been created except to worship God (51:56) had heard or read the Quran being the guidance from their Lord, they would have neither spoken a lie about God, nor would they have said He would not send a messenger, while God has sent a messenger as prophesied, who has been permitted to reveal the concept of mathematical coding of Quran being from his past as well as to unveil the time when the world will end being from his future upon fulfillment of a major covenant and related prophecies after revelation of the Quran through His prophet in 13 B.H (609 A.D). Now we have also direct proof from a messenger of covenant who has revealed the Quran’s mathematical coding in 1974 upon fulfillment of God’s covenant with the prophets to send a messenger after themselves (3:81), while he has been permitted to predict that the world will end in 1710 A.H (2280 A.D) based on signs and facts derived from the Quran should present clear proofs not to have any doubt for the true believers of the Quran. Thus, we should not have any doubt in our hearts to understand that there is direct connection between these two events, and if we can accept the truth from God and can establish it in our hearts, we can expect to be guided to a right path for our safe return to Him when the end of the world is knocking at our doors and there is no escape from it.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.