Oath of God
- (I swear) by those that (winds) drive dispersion (51:1). And those that (clouds) bear load (51:2). And those that (ships) sail ease (51:3). And those who (angels) deliver command (51:4).
Note: This is an oath of God consisting of 4 statements and He has taken this oath referring to certain things from His creations that have made our life comfortable in the earth as well as to guide us in a right direction.
The day of the Judgment is truth and it is surely coming
- Indeed, what you are promised is surely truth (51:5). And indeed, the judgment is surely coming (51:6). And the heaven belonging the pathways (51:7). Indeed, you are surely in uttering of a differing (51:8). He is deluded away from it whoever has been deluded (51:9). It has been cursed the liars (51:10). Those – they are in complete heedlessness (51:11). They ask when is a day of the Judgment (51:12). A day they will be tested over the Fire (51:13). You shall taste your trial. This is what you had done to hasten for it (51:14). The righteous will be in gardens and springs (51:15). Receivers of what their Lord has given them; indeed, they have been good-doers before that (51:16). They had done to sleep little of the night (51:17). And at dawn time, they would ask forgiveness (51:18). In their wealth there was right for the beggars and the needy (51:19).
Note: By taking oath God has confirmed that the day of the Judgment is the truth, which is surely coming. But those who are deluded from it have been cursed. While they are in complete heedlessness ask when is a day of the Judgment instead of preparing themselves for the day, and on that they will be tested on the Fire while they had hastened for it. And the righteous will be in gardens and springs, who have been good-doers. They have little sleep in the night while they ask forgiveness of God in the dawn, and have given the beggars and the needy of their portion from their provision given by Him.
Signs in the earth to be ascertained about a day of the Judgment
- And in the earth there are signs for the ascertainers (51:20). And in yourselves. Do you not then see? (51:21). And in the sky there is your provision, and what you are promised (51:22). That by Lord of the heaven and the earth; indeed, it is surely truth as what you speak (51:23).
Note: There are even visible signs in the earth and the sky, even within ourselves to ascertain about a day of the Judgment. There is provision in the sky that God has promised us.
A lesson from delivering a good news to Abraham
- Has come to you a story of the honored guests of Abraham? (51:24). When they had entered on him, then said, “Peace.” He said, “Peace, strangers!” (51:25). So he had gone to his family, then had come with a fat calf (51:26). Then he had placed it near to them; he said, “Do you not eat?” (51:27). Then he had feared from them. They said, “You do not fear.” And they had given good news of a knowledgeable son (51:28). Then his wife had come forward with a loud voice, then she struck her face and said, “An old barren woman!” (51:29). They said, “Thus that said your Lord; indeed, He Who is the Wise, the Knower.” (51:30).
Note: The angels had delivered a good news to Abraham, even in that there is a lesson for us that what God has promised is truth, which has occurred having a son at an old age of him and his wife.
A lesson from consequence of a people of Lut
- He said, “Then what is your mission O the sent ones?” (51:31). They said, “We have been sent to a people who are criminals (51:32). That we will send down upon them rocks of clay (51:33). Marked by your Lord for the transgressors.” (51:34). Then we had brought out whoever has been therein of the believers (51:35). Then we have not found in it other than a house of the submitters (51:36). And we had left a sign therein for those who fear the painful punishment (51:37).
Note: Even from the destruction of a wicked people of Lut sending down hail storms upon them there is a lesson for the believers.
A lesson from consequence of a people of Moses
- And in Moses when we had sent him to Pharaoh with clear authority (51:38). But he had turned away with his supporters, and said, “A magician, or a madman.” (51:39). So, we had taken him and his troops, then threw them into the sea, while he was a blameworthy (51:40).
Note: There is a lesson for us from the drowning of Pharaoh and his troops in the sea for turning away of Pharaoh and his supporters from the clear signs given to Moses.
A lesson from consequence of a people of Ad
- In Ad when we had sent the disastrous wind against them (51:41). It does not leave anything had come upon it except it made like disintegrated destruction (51:42).
Note: There is a lesson for us from the destruction of the people of Ad, which were seized by sending down the violent storm for turning away from the message given to Hud.
A lesson from consequence of a people of Thamud
- In Thamud when has been said to them, “You shall enjoy for a time being.” (51:43). Then they had rebelled against their Lord’s command of their Lord. So, the thunderbolt had seized them as they were looking (51:44). Then they had not been able to get up nor had they been helpers of themselves (51:45).
Note: There is a lesson for us from the destruction of the people of Thamud, which were seized by sending down the thunderbolt as they had rebelled against their Lord’s command disregarding a sign and a message given to His messenger, Saleh.
A lesson from consequence of a people of Noah
- And people of Noah before; indeed, they had been a people who were disobedient (51:46).
Note: There is a lesson for us from the destruction of the people of Noah seizing them by the flood for turning away from the sign and message given to Noah while we also know that the flood was the reversal of God’s creation as all the disbelievers were eliminated from the earth leaving only the believers.
God has constructed the strong heaven and the extended earth
- And the heaven we have constructed it with strongness, and indeed, we are surely expanders (51:47). And the earth we have spread it as excellent spreaders (51:48). And of everything we have created in pair that you may reflect (51:49).
Note: There are signs in the construction of the heaven, which is being expanded and the extended earth as well as whatever He has created in the earth that we can reflect.
A messenger is a warner from God
- So you shall flee to God; indeed, I am a clear warner to you from Him (51:50). And you do not make another god with God; indeed, I am a clear warner to you from Him (51:51).
Note: God has sent messenger from time to time to invite people to run towards God not making another god with Him while he is a clear warner.
A lesson from the past that a messenger to be magician and madman
- Thus that a messenger had not come to those before themselves except they said, “Magician” or “Madman.” (51:52). Have they passed down to them? Nay, they are a people who are transgressors (51:53). So you shall turn away from them that you are not to be blamed (51:54). And you shall remind that indeed, the reminder will benefit the believers (51:55).
Note: The claiming of transgressors messengers being magician and madman passed down to us may benefit the believers, if we remind people with it when a messenger comes to us.
God is owner of our worship being possessor of the supreme power
- And I have not created the jinns and the humans except that they worship Me (51:56). I do not want any provision from them, nor do I want that they feed Me (51:57). Indeed, God – He is the Provider being possessor of the supreme power (51:58). So indeed, for those who have done wrong a portion like a portion of their companions, then let them not ask Me to hasten (51:59). So woe to those who have disbelieved from their day which they are promised (51:60).
Note: God has not only created us but has also created jinns to worship Him being possessor of the supreme power and He provides for us that we do not fail to do that while the disbelievers of a day of the Judgment will be on the Fire what He has promised for them.
Surah al-dhaariyaat (Surah 51: Those that drive) can be reviewed reflecting that a day of the Judgment is truth and is surely coming, which God has affirmed by taking an oath, as many of us have difficulty to believe in it, and He has given many signs in the heaven and the earth that we can reflect to believe in a day of the Judgment. There are also signs in the destruction of the wicked people of the past to serve as a lesson for the people of later generations to believe in the day. He has also warned that those who are deceived from it have been cursed that they will be tested on the Fire while He has given a good news to those who reflect to it and have been good-doers will be in gardens and springs. They do not take any god other than God and worship Him knowing that humans and jinns are created only to worship Him being possessor of the supreme power and follow His command while messengers are sent with reminders to serve as warners to invite people to run towards God while reminding with messengers being magician and madman came down to us may benefit the believers.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.