- (I swear by) Ha. Meem (44:1). And the clarified scripture (44:2).
- Indeed, we have sent down it (hu means it refers to Quran being the masculine object pronoun in Arabic text) in a night of blessing, indeed, we have been warners (44:3). In it (haa means it refers to a night being the feminine object pronoun in Arabic text), every wise matter is made clear (44:4).
- It is a command from us; indeed, we have been senders of messengers (44:5). It is a mercy from your Lord. He is the Hearer, the Knower (44:6). Lord of the heavens and the earth, and what is between them if you have been ascertainers (44:7). There is no god except He. He gives life and causes death: your Lord and Lord of your fathers – the ancestors (44:8). Nay, they are in doubt to pay attention (44:9).
- So you shall watch for a day the sky will bring of a profound smoke (44:10), enveloping the people; this will be a painful punishment (44:11). “Our Lord, remove the punishment from us; indeed, we will be believers.” (44:12). How was for them the reminder (Quran’s mathematical coding), and certainly, there had come to them a clarifying messenger (God’s messenger of covenant)? (44:13). Then, they had turned away from him and said, “An educated, a mad!” (44:14). Indeed, we are relievers of the punishment for a while; indeed, you are returning (44:15). A day we will strike the greatest strike; indeed, we are avengers (44:16).
- And certainly, we had tested a people of Pharaoh before of them (deniers of the reminder delivered by messenger of covenant), and there had come to them an honorable messenger (44:17). That you shall deliver God’s servants to me; indeed me, a trustworthy messenger to you (44:18). And that you do not exalt yourselves over God. Indeed, I (Moses) come to you with a clear authority (44:19). Indeed, I seek refuge in my Lord and your Lord, lest you stone me (44:20). And if you do not believe for me, then you shall leave me alone” 44:21). So he had called his Lord that these people are criminals” (44:22). (His Lord said) “Travel with My servants during the night; you will be pursued (44:23). Cross the sea quickly; their troops will be drowned” (44:24).
- How many gardens and springs they had left (44:25). And crop fields and luxurious places (44:26). And the delightful things that they used to enjoy (44:27). Thus that, we made it inherited by other people (44:28). Neither the heaven and the earth wept for them, nor were they given respite (44:29). Indeed, we saved the Children of Israel from the humiliating persecution (44:30), from Pharaoh. Indeed, he has been arrogant among the transgressors (44:31). We chose them purposely over all the people (44:32), and gave them many blessings wherein there was a great test (44:33).
- The people around you are saying (44:34), “There is only one death for us in it (earth); we will never be resurrected! (44:35). Bring back our forefathers, if you are truthful” (44:36). Are they better or a people of Tubba` and those of before of them? We have destroyed them; indeed, they had been criminals (44:37). And we have not created the heavens and the earth and whatever is between themselves being play (44:38). We have not created both of them except with the truth, but most of them do not know (44:39). A day of the Decision is an appointed term for them all (44:40). A day a relative cannot help a relative in anything, nor can they be helped (44:41), except whomever has God’s mercy. Indeed, He is the Almighty, the Merciful (44:42).
- Surely, the tree of Zaqqum (44:43) – will provide the food for the sinners (44:44). Like hot oil, it will boil in the stomachs (44:45). Like the boiling of liquid (44:46). Take him and throw him in midst of the Hellfire (44:47). Then pour over his head the retribution of the boiling liquid (44:48). “Taste this; you were so powerful, so honorable.” (44:49). Indeed, this is what you had done to doubt about it (44:50).
- Indeed, the righteous will be in a secure place (44:51). In gardens and springs (44:52). They will wear garments of fine and heavy silk being close to each other (44:53). Thus that, while we have matched them with spouses of beautiful eyes (44:54). They will enjoy therein all kinds of fruits being secure (44:55). They would not taste the death in it, except the first death, and He has protected them from a punishment of the Hellfire (44:56). A bounty from your Lord, that which is the great success (44:57).
- So indeed, we have made it (Quran) easy in your (Muhammad) language, that they may take heed (44:58). So you shall watch; indeed, they are the watchers (44:59).
Oath of God
Note: God has taken an oath referring to 2 items in His oath: a set of initials, Ha.Meem. and the clarified scripture to make our focus on the statements that immediately follow His oath so that we can reflect on the significance of the night in which the whole Quran has been sent down. However, Ha.Meem. is a set of Quranic initials as physical proofs that Quran is from God instead of mysterious letters, occur in certain frequencies in the Arabic text of the relevant surah is an established fact now, and the total of these two letters in a set in the Arabic text of 7 surahs is a multiple of 19 => 2147 (19x113) as shown in the table below:
Source: Ha.Meem count from https://www.masjidtucson.org/publications/books/vp/fact31.pdf
Quran has been sent down in a night of blessing
Note: By taking oath God has affirmed that He has sent down the Quran all at once in a night of blessing clarifying all matters, while God’s great work in the night has been spelled out in the previous revelation (Surah 97 – Revelation Order 25 : al-Qadr – The Power). Thus, the night-long event occurred in 13 B.H. (609 A.D.) involving the angels and the Gabriel, which can be mathematically confirmed deriving the factual evidence from 26 verses across 5 surahs in the Quran being the sum of the relevant surah and verse numbers is a multiple of 19 => 589 (19x31) to eliminate any doubt from our hearts about the event and any misconceptions around it, or even to avoid any man-made rituals around the night.
It is God’s system and mercy to send messengers
Note: It is God’s system and His mercy to send messengers with His reminders from time to time to guide and remind humanity to worship Him alone being Lord of all of us, Who controls our life and death, but most people are confused and heedless to the reminders, even among the believers there are people who give excessive focus on the messenger considering him heavenly persona instead of the message sent with him to make them idol worshipers.
Punishment for denying reminder delivered by messenger of covenant
Note: The punishment to come is the smoke in the sky that will cover the people is not literal but a metaphor, which we can understand better now from a disaster of the world-wide outbreak of COVID-19 that we are witnessing is a circumstantial evidence of the future event down the generations. There is a clear indication that this punishment has seized us for denying a reminder of the Quran’s mathematical coding (74:30-37) delivered in 1974 by a messenger of the covenant upon fulfillment of God’s covenant with all prophets placed in all scripture (3:81) including the Quran (33:7) to bring people back to His revelations (27:82), while there is also a clear indication that this punishment has been relieved for a while for the big strike to come. The big strike is the punishment to come is also not literal but a metaphor, which we can connect to the end of the world followed by this world-wide disaster, being another sign that the end of the world has come closer. The time of the end of the world has been predicted by the messenger of God to be in 2280 based on signs we have already witnessed and facts derived from the Quran being enough proofs is acceptable to those who have believed in God as well as His complete (3:23) and the final edition of scripture (33:40) as His wondrous creation (72:1) to save them in the Hereafter except those who have hearts but cannot understand, have eyes but cannot see and have ears but cannot hear (7:179).
Moses, a messenger of God was sent to Pharaoh to deliver people of Israel to him
Note: Moses was sent to Pharaoh’s people with a powerful support who asked them to let go people of Israel with him not being arrogant against God. God made a passage through the sea while Moses and his people crossed it safely, but Pharaoh and his people who pursued them were drowned in it.
A miserable consequence of Pharaoh and his people
Note: The consequence of Pharaoh and his people who had denied God’s messenger sent with profound sign has been referred to the context that we can reflect as warning to avoid such punishment due to denying of God’s messenger. The people of Israel had been saved but Pharaoh and his people had been a miserable consequences for their arrogance while they left many pleasing things that they had enjoyed in this world, wherein there was a test for them but they had ignored.
An impediment to ascertain resurrection
Note: Most people who are criminals are not certain about resurrection and the final judgment, even they cannot learn any lesson from the destruction of the wicked people in the past failing to understand the purpose of their creation as well. The Day of Decision is awaiting all the people. God has confirmed that there would be no help from any one, only those who have attained God’s mercy will be saved. Thus, those who expect that they will be saved through intercession will be the great losers.
Retaliation of disbelievers is Hell
Note: The retaliation of the disbelievers is Hell wherein they will suffer the painful retribution for what they have done being doubtful about it while Hell and punishment are allegorically presented to us.
Compensation of righteous is Paradise and no death for them except first death
Note: The compensation of the righteous is Paradise wherein they will enjoy perfect happiness with their beautiful spouses. Such compensation is the great triumph for the righteous from their Lord while there is no death for them in the earth except the first death that occurred in the High Society before sending down humans to the earth. However, the description of Paradise and enjoyment in it are allegorically presented.
Quran is revealed in Arabic to make it easy to understand
Note: Quran was revealed in mother tongue of prophet to make it easy to understand for the mother city that the Arabs can study and follow it to find the right path for them and people around them. But what we see those who disbelieved in it fought against Muhammad and those who had believed with him and down the generations those who spread a rumor that it is difficult to understand, their language was Arabic, and created volumes after volumes of hadith books to explain it and turn away from it misinterpreting its many verses based on paganism beliefs and personality cult.
Surah al-Dukhaan (The Smoke) is one of the initialed surahs and most significant events we can reflect to: (1) God’s oath referring to a set of Quranic initial, Ha.Meem and the clarifying scripture, (2) in a night of blessing the entire Quran has been revealed, (3) God’s system and His mercy to send messengers (4) punishment in metaphor for rejecting God’s messenger of covenant, (5) consequence of Pharaoh and his disbelieving people, (6) passage in the sea to save the believers but to drown the disbelievers, (7) impediment to be certain about resurrection, (8) retaliation of disbelievers in Hell, (9) compensation of righteous in Paradise and (10) revealing of Quran in Arabic to make it easy to understand for the Arabs and the people around them.
Surah begins with God’s oath, and the true believers can only realize how awesome the God’s oath is! The revelation of the whole Quran was a night-long process and the night is referred to being a night of blessing in which all matters were clarified. The revealing process and the significance of a night of the Power has been detailed out in the previous revelation gives a complete picture not to have any doubt.
It is God’s mercy and system to send messengers and prophets with His message to guide humanity but they make it their system to reject them being doubtful about them and heedless to His message sent with them. Following the footsteps of other messengers God’s messenger of covenant was sent with a reminder of Quran’s mathematical coding supported by the great miracle, number 19 per God’s covenant with all prophets placed in all scripture including the Quran to bring people back to His revelations. Now, what we see a world-wide disaster from COVID-19, a punishment more than 40 years later upon delivery of the message for denying the message sent with the messenger that made us wicked. This is another sign that the end of the world is closer being a warning for the people of the generation and the generation to come to reflect that they may reform and save them in the Hereafter accepting the truth from God witnessing a punishment as a circumstantial evidence not to have any doubt of it.
Pharaoh and his people were wicked and an honorable messenger was sent to guide them but they rejected him. As a consequence, they were drowned while the Children of Israel had been saved from the humiliating persecution of Pharaoh and his wicked people, who were given many blessings to do righteous deeds to be appreciative to God but they had been arrogant being unappreciative to Him. The history of Pharaoh and his people with Moses have been mentioned in the context to be a lesson for us from the consequence of the wicked people expecting that we would do our best to avoid such wickedness to save from God’s punishment to come from smoke in the sky that will cover people, is world-wide disaster from COVID-19 in metaphor indicating the end of the world is closer as well.
Followed by resurrection and judgment, the disbelievers will suffer in Hell and the righteous will enjoy in Paradise. Both Hell and Paradise are allegorically presented to us but in Hell there will be extreme suffering, while in Paradise there will be inexhaustible peace and enjoyment. Thus, our return to our Lord meeting all requirements and obligations according to Quran clarified in a night of blessing, which God has called it better than a thousand months to pay our attention for best use of it given in the night.
God has made Quran easy to understand while He has used metaphor in many literal description to explain certain things, especially future events, which can be confirmed from circumstantial evidences when they come help us to avoid myth, misconception or misinterpretation about them handed down until then. Thus, COVID-19 is a punishment in metaphor of a smoke in the sky that will cover people for denying the message delivered by a messenger of covenant allowing people for more than 40 years.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.