[76:2] We created the human from a drop of semen mixture, in order to test him. Then we made him a hearer and a seer.
[76:3] We guided him to the path (al-sabila), he can either be appreciative or be unappreciative.
[2:152] You shall remember Me, that I may remember you, and be appreciative of Me; do not be unappreciative.
[14:7] Your Lord has decreed: “The more you appreciate Me, the more I will give you.” But if you turn unappreciative, then My retribution is severe.
[31:12] We have endowed Luqmaan with wisdom: “You shall be appreciative of God.” Whoever is appreciative is appreciative for his own good but whoever is unappreciative (is unappreciative for his own detriment), God is Rich, Praiseworthy.
- Appreciation is an action not mere expression to make progress towards our redemption. God guide us and appreciating our guidance is a constant hard work to maintain. He has created the human being to do that and this would be the valid proof that we are appreciative of God for His guidance we receive or see around us.
[16:78] God brought you out of your mothers’ bellies knowing nothing, and He gave you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brains, that you may be appreciative.
[90:4] We created the human being to work hard (to redeem himself).
[2:185] God wishes for you convenience, not hardship, that you may fulfill your obligations, and to glorify God for guiding you, and to express your appreciation.
[3:123] God has granted you victory at Badr, despite your weakness. Therefore, you shall observe God, to show your appreciation.
[3:144] God rewards those who are appreciative.
[3:145] whoever seeks the rewards of the Hereafter, we bless him therein. We reward those who are appreciative.
- Believing in the truth is the central step on God’s path, and appreciating that truth and expressing this appreciation validate such belief. However, just in God and the Hereafter is not enough for salvation rather acting upon that belief by leading the righteous life style dictated by God is always mandatory, and is placed as a condition right next to our belief in God and the Last Day to achieve salvation. We thus understand that when we side with, validate, observe, implement and promote the truth, without hesitance or compromise, we are expressing our appreciation to that truth. God informs us that those who lead a righteous life by observing God and fulfilling their religious obligations are the righteous and the winners. Thus, actively expressing our appreciation grants us salvation.
[2:62] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in God, and (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord. They have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
[2:212] This worldly life is adorned in the eyes of the disbelievers, and they ridicule those who believe. However, the righteous will be far above them on the Day of Resurrection. God blesses whomever He wills, without limits.
[4:147] What will God gain from punishing you, if you became appreciative and believed? God is Appreciative, Omniscient.
[5:69] Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the converts, and the Christians; any of them who (1) believe in God and (2) believe in the Last Day, and (3) lead a righteous life, have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.
[17:19] As for those who choose the Hereafter as their priority, and work righteousness, while believing, their efforts will be appreciated.
[39:33] As for those who promote the truth, and believe therein, they are the righteous.
[39:34] They will get everything they wish, at their Lord. Such is the reward for the righteous.
[39:35] God remits their sinful works, and rewards them generously for their good works.
[46:13] Surely, those who say, “Our Lord is God,” then lead a righteous life, will have no fear, nor will they grieve.
- Those who fail to appreciate the blessings of our guidance are unappreciative. Being unappreciative we lose our connection with our Creator to deceive ourselves. As a consequence, we lose God’s love and support in this life as well as in the Hereafter. However, those who are unappreciative never appreciate the blessing of guidance nor they work hard to maintain it – instead, they take it for granted; freeze it.
[34:19] But they (turned unappreciative and) challenged: “Our Lord, we do not care if You increase the distance of our journeys (without any stations).” They thus wronged their own souls. Consequently, we made them history, and scattered them into small communities throughout the land. This should provide lessons for those who are steadfast, appreciative.
[16:72] And God made for you spouses from among yourselves, and produced for you from your spouses children and grandchildren, and provided you with good provisions. Should they believe in falsehood, and turn unappreciative of God’s blessings?
[16:112] God cites the example of a community that used to be secure and prosperous, with provisions coming to it from everywhere. But then, it turned unappreciative of God’s blessings. Consequently, God caused them to taste the hardships of starvation and insecurity. Such is the requital for what they did.
[28:58] Many a community we annihilated for turning unappreciative of their lives. Consequently, here are their homes, nothing but uninhabited ruins after them, except a few. We were the inheritors.
[7:98] Did the people of today’s communities guarantee that our retribution will not come to them in the daytime while they play?
[7:99] Have they taken God’s plans for granted? None takes God’s plans for granted except the losers.
[7:100] Does it ever occur to those who inherit the earth after previous generations that, if we will, we can punish them for their sins, and seal their hearts, causing them to turn deaf?
[22:38] God defends those who believe. God does not love any betrayer, unappreciative.
- Any time we may fail to express our appreciation to the truth making us disbelievers in the truth. The disbelievers may think that they are doing good but they are totally astray in this life and are the worst losers in the Hereafter.
[2:42] Do not confound the truth with falsehood, nor shall you conceal the truth, knowingly.
[18:103] Say, “Shall I tell you who the worst losers are?
[18:104] “They are the ones whose works in this life are totally astray, but they think that they are doing good.”
[18:105] Such are the ones who disbelieved in the revelations of their Lord and in meeting Him. Therefore, their works are in vain; on the Day of Resurrection, they have no weight.
[35:36] Those who disbelieve, they have incurred the fire of Hell, where they are never finished by death, nor is the retribution ever commuted for them. We thus requite the unappreciative.
- Satan was not only the first to set the example of being unappreciative of God while he also promised to Him to turn most of us unappreciative. The information that acts as a warning for us about it is God has let us known that the majority people belong to unappreciative which should not be taken lightly if we really trust Him.
[38:73] The angels fell prostrate, all of them,
[38:74] except Satan; he refused, and was too arrogant, unappreciative.
[7:17] I (Satan) will come to them from before them, and from behind them, and from their right, and from their left, and You will find that most of them are unappreciative.
[7:10] We have established you on earth, and we have provided for you the means of support therein. Rarely are you appreciative.
[2:243] God showers the people with His grace, but most of them are unappreciative.
[14:34] And He gives you all kinds of things that you implore Him for. If you count God’s blessings, you can never encompass them. Indeed, the human being is transgressing, unappreciative.
[22:66] He is the One who granted you life, then He puts you to death, then He brings you back to life. Surely, the human being is unappreciative.
[23:78] He is the One who granted you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brains. Rarely are you appreciative.
[27:73] Your Lord is full of grace towards the people, but most of them are unappreciative.
[80:17] Woe to the human being; he is so unappreciative!
[100:6] The human being is unappreciative of his Lord.
Reevaluate our stand and decisions
- As humans, to make mistakes or transgressions is not unusual for us. Therefore, whether we are appreciative or unappreciative we should always reevaluate our stands and decisions recognizing our mistakes and transgressions, and implore God to increase our knowledge and grant us wisdom to avoid any of our mistakes and transgressions. This is how we can be appreciative of Him and make progress on the path of our redemption, even as unappreciative at some point we can be appreciative being reformed through a firm repentance.
[7:23] Our Lord, we have wronged our souls, and unless You forgive us and have mercy on us, we will be losers.
[2:286] Our Lord, do not condemn us if we forget or make mistakes. Our Lord, and protect us from blaspheming against You, like those before us have done. Our Lord, protect us from sinning until it becomes too late for us to repent. Pardon us and forgive us and have mercy on us. You are our Lord and Master. Grant us victory over the disbelieving people.
[23:109] Our Lord, we have believed, so forgive us and shower us with mercy. Of all the merciful ones, You are the Most Merciful.
[46:15] “My Lord, direct me to appreciate the blessings You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Let my children be righteous as well. I have repented to You; I am a submitter.”
[27:19] “My Lord, direct me to be appreciative the blessings You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Admit me by Your mercy with Your righteous servants.”
[20:114] My Lord, increase my knowledge.
[26:83] My Lord, grant me wisdom, and include me with the righteous.
[26:84] Let the example I set for the future generations be a good one.
[26:85] Make me one of the inheritors of the blissful Paradise.
[40:3] Forgiver of sins, acceptor of repentance, strict in enforcing retribution, and possessor of all power. There is no other god beside Him. To Him is the ultimate destiny.
[2:160] Those who repent, reform; and proclaim, I redeem them. I am the Redeemer, Most Merciful.
[66:8] O you who believe, you shall repent to God a firm repentance. Your Lord will then remit your sins and admit you into gardens with flowing streams…
[25:71] Those who repent and lead a righteous life, God redeems them; a complete redemption.
In conclusion, appreciating our guidance and the truth are important signs whether we are appreciative or unappreciative. Appreciating our guidance is a constant hard work to maintain to make progress towards our redemption while we may freeze ourselves if we fail any time to appreciate the blessings of our guidance. Appreciating the truth is a dynamic link that connects the believers with their surroundings. It is a dynamic act rather than just a static feeling. It ignites the true connection with God and mandates consequent choices, actions, and obligations towards the divine truth we come across. On the contrary, the disbelievers fail to make actions as well as to fulfill obligations towards the divine truth because of their static feeling. They lose their connection with God and deceive nobody but ourselves. Thus, being appreciative is a sign of intelligence while being unappreciative is a sign of stupidity because of associating them with the Satan and the majority. As a matter of fact, the whole world along with everything around us is a blessing that not every one of us deserves to have it. It takes a tremendous effort, self-discipline and a high level of honesty and integrity to get engaged with the dynamics of appreciation being got rid of the static feeling. However, we may ask ourselves why should we not engage ourselves with the dynamics of appreciation if we can ensure our redemption? The answer may help the sincere to be appreciative.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.