Sura 74 (Al-Muddaththir-The Hidden one in the active participle form) is named according to the word used in the 1st verse of the sura and the name itself indicates that there is something hidden in it, which was not unveiled through Prophet Muhammad. Hence, the precise message in the sura was not clear to us for many years what we know now is all about a messenger to come and his message, the mathematical coding of the Quran being the number 19 is the code as well as a sign of the messenger to support, which is also guarding the Quran against any distortion (15:9) upon emerging a creature from the earth speaking to the people that they have not ascertained God’s revelations what they have with them (27:82).
Details of the sura
- O you the hidden one (74:1). Appear that you shall warn (74:2). And your Lord that you shall glorify (74:3). And your garments that you shall purify (74:4). And the uncleanliness (extraneous) that you shall remove (74:5). And you do not expect to have more (74:6).
There is a hint in the above verses to remove what is wrong in the Quran as well as in our beliefs and practices in order to purify. Thus, our Lord should be glorified through upholding the purified message as well as practicing the authorized practices avoiding misconceptions, and the purification will be done by someone chosen by God but not exceeding the limits while the Quran as well as our beliefs and practices are referred to be our garments.
- And for your Lord that you shall be patient (74:7). Then, when has been blown into the trumpet (74:8). Then that day will be a difficult day (74:9). For the disbelievers, not easy (74:10).
These verses indicate that there is a relationship between the purification process and the unveiling of the end of the world (72:27) while we know now that the code of the Quran confirms that this world will end in 1710 AH (19X90) or 2280 AD (19X120). Thus, the end of the world is not too far from now and those who truly believe it will prepare them as they should be prepared for the Day as it would be a very difficult day especially for the disbelievers.
- Leave Me, and whom I have created as individual (74:11). And I have given him abundant wealth (74:12). And children as witnesses (74:13). And I have made easy for him (74:14).
Here is a specific mention of a messenger to come to confirm what has been with every prophet according to the commandment placed in every scripture (3:81) including the Quran in (33:7).
It is a divine plan when and how the coding of the Quran is to be unveiled. Then God will choose one among His servants and will inspire him to unveil it at the appropriate time (27:82). He will provide him with all kinds of support as needed for taking all of his initiatives and efforts to make it happen, and thus, His prophecies are to be fulfilled with the unveiling of the mathematical coding of the Quran.
- Then he expects that I should give him more (74:15). No, he has been stubborn to our signs (74:16). I will punish him (74:17). Indeed, he thought and planned (74:18). So woe to him what he planned (74:19). So woe to him what he planned (74:20). He looked (74:21). He frowned and scowled (74:22). Then he turned back and became arrogant (74:23). He said, “This is not but is imitated a magic! (74:24). This is not but a word of the human.” (74:25). I will cast him into Saqar (74:26). Do you know what Saqar is! (74:27). It does not let to stay nor does it let to leave (74:28). Obvious to all the people (74:29).
Here are details of messenger’s activities and accomplishments along with his intellectual punishment for making mistakes referring to Saqar. Both his accomplishments and mistakes will stay with him even when he will not be among us, are reflected in the verse 74:29 – Obvious to all people. However, the messenger is chosen to deliver a specific message (reminder) to a particular generation of people and any mistakes made by any messenger do not disqualify him to be a messenger of God as the messenger is a simple minded human being as well, and this is the case that continues from the past, which has also reflected in 22:52 as well.
- Over it is nineteen (74:30). And we have not made guardians of the Fire except angels, and we have not made their number except a warning for those who disbelieved, that it may ascertain those who have been given the scripture (Jews and Christians) and may increase faith of those who have believed (Muslims), and may not doubt those who have been given the scripture (Jews and Christians) and the believers (Muslims). And that may say those in their hearts there is a disease (hypocrites) and the disbelievers, “What has God meant by this allegory?” Thus, God misguides whomever He wills and He guides whomever He wills. And none knows your Lord’s soldiers except He. And it is not except a reminder for the human race. (74:31). Nay, (I swear) by the moon (74:32). And the night when it departs (74:33). And the morning when it brightens (74:34). Indeed, it is undoubtedly one of the great (signs) (74:35). A warning to the human race (74:36). For whoever has willed among you that he may advance, or he may stay behind (74:37).
The mathematical coding of the Quran to be a message for the prophesied messenger has been spelled out in the above verses. The message is a reminder for the humanity consisting of: (1) the number 19 is a code, which is a common denominator for Quran’s numerical figures derived from the Quran, (2) a reminder for the humans, (3) a great sign to support the messenger followed by an oath of God and (4) a warning with consequences. God has confirmed that the code 19 is a prophetic sign. So the one who has been chosen to unveil the mathematical coding of the Quran is a messenger of God as He did not send any messenger in the past without a sign or miracle from Him (29:51).
The destination of any disbeliever of the code when revealed is well guarded Hell. The code 19 is to warn the disbelievers and to strengthen the faith of the Muslims while it will open door for the people of other religions and faiths to realize that God does exist and the last scripture, Quran is His word which provides guidance to His path. God has confirmed that He judges the people based on His word, and He guides those who will follow His guidance and He sends those astray who will fail to follow His guidance, and the people should accept it as a reminder.
The mathematical coding is a warning as well. Some will take advantage of this warning and others will not. Those who will believe it will strengthen their belief in God and His messenger and perfect their religious practices to make them winners in the Hereafter, and others will not take heed and will stay behind with their old belief and practices as disbelievers of it to make them losers in the Hereafter. Hence, the message unveiled through the messenger is the mathematical coding of the Quran, which is a warning for the humanity to guide to the right path, and those who reject this reminder will face the consequences on a Day of the Judgment.
- Every soul is pledged for what it has earned (74:38). Except those on the right (74:39). In Heavens, they will ask each other (74:40). About the guilty (74:41). “What has brought you into Saqar?” (74:42). They have said, “We do not be with those who have established the contact prayer (al-musalleen) (74:43). And we do not feed the poor (74:44). And we have done indulging with the vain talkers (74:45). And we have done denying in a Day of the Judgment (74:46). Until the certainty has come to us” (74:47). So the intercession of the intercessors does not benefit them (74:48). Then what is for them being those who are turning away from the warning? (74:49). As if they are like the frightened zebras (74:50). Fleeing from a lion! (74:51). Yes, every one of them wishes that he is given a scroll (74:52). Yes, indeed, they do not fear the Hereafter (74:53). Yes, indeed, this is a warning (74:54). So whoever has willed, he has taken heed to it (74:55). And none can take heed except that God wills. He is a source of the righteousness and is a source of the forgiveness (74:56).
Disbelievers would know the cause of their punishment when judgment would be declared on a Day of the Judgment. They are destined to Hell as their beliefs and practices were not in accordance with the will of God. They would realize that they did not pay proper attention to the warning when it came to them. They would also realize that they were not certain about a Day of the Judgment as they should be certain. Even they would not find any intercessor to help them as they expected.
The Quran teaches us that if anyone who disobeys God and His messenger, and transgresses His laws, his destination is Hell wherein he will stay forever (4:14, 11:59, 33:36, 72:23). Upon unveiling of the code, there are clarifications, explanations and proofs that our beliefs and practices are corrupted over the period of time. Anyone who has not appropriate beliefs, and fails to practice his religious duties accepting the proven facts will not be acceptable to God, and in the Hereafter he will find him with the losers.
Quran is a reminder for the world so is its mathematical coding to bring people back to it. Those who will take heed to the reminder and lead a righteous life upholding only the purified message confirmed by the code will be blessed by God as He is the only source of righteousness and forgiveness.
The unveiling of the code is a blessing from God for the current as well as subsequent generations of people to make efforts to find right way to God. Since the code has physically proved that the Quran is from God and there is everything in it what we need to lead a righteous life, the people should use this blessing to make them successful in the Hereafter. The punishment for disregarding the reminder of the mathematical coding of Quran has been detailed out in (74:38-56) followed by the message (74:30-37) while the punishment of the disbelievers of God’s messenger of the covenant has also been mentioned in (3:82) followed by the covenant with all prophets in (3:81) as well as in (33:8) followed by the covenant with Muhammad in the Quran (33:7) when the covenant has been fulfilled through the unveiling of the mathematical coding of the Quran.
We now know that the code 19 is unveiled by Dr. Rashad Khalifa to be a messenger of covenant in the year of 1974 being inspired by God in pursuant to a covenant revealed in every scripture (3:81) including the Quran (33:7). Thus, a universal covenant is fulfilled through the unveiling of the mathematical coding of the Quran as God does not reveal any specific news from the past and the future except through a messenger (72:27). Although the number 19 has been in sura 74 in the Quran but its real meaning was NOT known to us until 1974.
God has sent down reminders from time to time to guide the human race (21:2), and the Quran is a reminder to the world (12:104, 38:87, 68:52, 81:27) for all the people being a timeless and universal doctrine that fits all generations, and applies to all eras and societies until the end of the world and so is its mathematical coding (74:31). The code has undoubtedly proved that it is from Almighty God, which is not only complete, perfect and fully detailed but also there are no errors or ambiguity in it to be followed to practice His religion as dictated in it to leave this world being the allies of God.