- (I swear by) Yaa Seen (36:1). And the Wise Quran (36:2).
Note: The statements in 36:1 and 36:2 is an oath of God consisting of the Quranic initial, Yaa Seen and the Wise Quran while the Wise is an attribute of God Himself assigned to the Quran at the beginning of the sura, affirms subsequent statements. This kind of oath is also found in 44:1-2 – (I swear by) Ha. Meem and the enlightening scripture. However, the quranic initials are also the lower level physical proofs of the numerical system of Quran and the total occurrences of the letters ‘Yaa’ and ‘Seen’ in the Arabic text of the entire sura is a multiple of 19 => 237 (Yaa) + 48 (Seen) = 285 = 19 x 15.
Messenger with the divine message and mission
- Indeed, you are certainly of those who have been sent (36:3). On a straight path (36:4). A revelation of the Most Merciful Almighty (36:5). That you warn a people, not of their parents were warned, so they are the heedless (36:6).
Note: God has confirmed by taking oath referring to the quranic initials Yaa. Seen and the wise Quran that the Most Merciful Almighty has revealed the wise Quran through whom is of those who have been sent to warn a people but their parents were not warned while they are heedless. Even these verses including the verses of statements of God’s oath can be mathematically confirmed if the sura number, which is 36 and the relevant verses which are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6, the sum is a multiple of 19 => 36 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 = 57 = 19 x 3 is an explicit proof to give our attention to the piece of information that messenger sent with divine message and mission.
Our life does not end with our death
- Indeed, most of them have deserved the retribution, so they do not believe (36:7). We have placed shackles around their necks up to their chins, so they are forced in direction (36:8). And we have placed a barrier in front of them, and a barrier behind them, and thus, we shielded them; so they cannot see (36:9). It is the same whether you warn them or warn them not, they will not believe (36:10). You can only warn him who follows the reminder, and fears the Most Gracious in the unseen. So give him good news of forgiveness and a honorable reward (36:11). We will certainly resurrect the dead, and we record what they have sent before and left behind. Everything we have counted in a clear record (36:12).
Note: Most people will not see the warnings in the reminder (Quran) and deserve the retribution as if they are forced in direction with the shackles around their necks and have been placed barrier in front of them and behind them. It is the same whether they are warned or not, they do not follow the reminder. But those who follow the reminder and reverence the Most Gracious have deserved forgiveness and honorable reward from Him. The dead will be resurrected and are made accountable for what they had done based on their precise record.
Rejecting messengers is a human tragedy
- And cite for them the example of people of a city, when those who have been sent came to it (36:13). When we sent to them two, while denied both of them. We then supported them with a third one, and they said, “Surely, we are those who have been sent to you(36:14).” They said, “You are none but human beings like us. The Most Gracious did not send down anything. You are just lying.” (36:15). They said, “Our Lord knows that we are honestly those who have been sent to you (36:16). Our duty is to deliver the clear the message.” (36:17). They said, “We consider you bad omens. Unless you refrain, we will surely stone you, or afflict you with a painful retribution.” (36:18). They said, “Your bad omen is with you. Is it because you have been reminded? Indeed, you are a transgressing people.” (36:19).
Note: God has sent messengers from time to time to guide the humanity. But most people of the generation have rejected messengers when they are sent with the reminder from Him supported by divine proof, and the reminder has made them wicked, instead of being it a warning and good news for them.
Story of three messengers to a city but there was only one believer
- A man came running from the other end of the city; he said, “O my people, follow those who have been sent (36:20). Follow those who do not ask you for any wage, and they are rightly guided (36:21). Why should I not worship the One who created me, and to Him is your ultimate return? (36:22). Shall I accept gods besides Him? If the Most Gracious intends any harm for me, their intercession cannot help me in the least, nor can they save me (36:23). Then, I would be obviously astray (36:24). Indeed, I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me.” (36:25).
Note: While many people rejected the messengers but a person believed them and asked his people to accept them as they were rightly guided and advocated to worship the One who created us. He also advised them not to accept other gods besides God as there is no intercession between us and God, and He can only benefit or harm us.
The righteous are invited to enter Paradise at the time of death
- He was told, “Enter Paradise.” He said, “Oh, I wish my people knew (36:26). That my Lord has forgiven me, and made me honorable.” (36:27). We did not send down upon his people, after him, soldiers from the sky nor did we need to send them down (36:28). It just took a single blast, whereupon they were stilled (36:29).
Note: When he was told to enter Paradise he wished that if my people knew that it would be good for them. Thus, who believed and listened to the messengers was forgiven and made him honorable. However, what happened after him was not his concern, and God has dealt with the people according to His will and wisdom.
People makes their business to ridicule a messenger
- Ah, for the servants! No messenger came to them except that they had not mocked at him (36:30). Do they not see how many generations we annihilated before them that they never return to them? (36:31). And all of them together, will be brought before us (36:32).
Note: People disregard warnings sent with His messenger even failing to make any reflection on the consequences of the previous generations included in the warnings.
Signs of God in the nature
- And a sign for them is the dead land; we revive it and produce from it grains from which they eat(36:33). We made in it gardens of date palms and grapes, and we cause springs to gush out therein (36:34). That they may eat its fruits, and it was not their hand that produced it. Will not they be then thankful? (36:35). Glory be to the One who created all in pairs of which the earth grows, and of themselves, and of which they do not know (36:36). And a sign for them is the night: we remove the daylight therefrom, whereupon they are in darkness (36:37). The sun runs to a specific destination. Such is the design of the Almighty, the Omniscient (36:38). And the moon we designed it to appear in stages, until it returns like an old curved sheath (36:39). The sun is never to catch up with the moon nor can the night overtake the day, each of them is floating in its own orbit (36:40).
Note: Signs of God in the nature are very simple and visible to all of us to reflect so that we can believe in Him and make efforts to have reward from Him when we will meet Him.
Signs of God in the historical events
- And a sign for them is that we carried their ancestors on the loaded ark (36:41). And we created for them like it what they ride (36:42). If we willed, we could drown them, then their screaming would not be heard, nor would they be saved (36:43). Except a mercy from us and a comport for a while (36:44). When it is said to them, “Beware of your past and for your future so that you may attain mercy,” (36:45). And no matter what sign comes to them from the signs of their Lord, they will turn away from it (36:46). When it is said to them, “Spend what God has provided you” . Those who disbelieve has said to those who believe, “shall we feed those whom God could feed, if He so willed? You are none but the misguided ones” (36:47). And they say, “When is this promise to come, if you are truthful?” (36:48). They are waiting for a single blast that will seize them, while they are still disputing (36:49). They will not be able to make a will, nor will they be able to return to their people (36:50). The horn will be blown, whereupon they will rise from the grave massing towards their Lord (36:51). They will say, “Woe to us! Who resurrected us from our resting place? This is what the Most Gracious had promised and those who have been sent had told truth” (36:52). It is just a single blast, whereupon they will all be brought before us (36:53). On that day, no soul will be wronged in the least nor will you be recompensed except whatever you used to do (36:54).
Note: The past events should be lesson for us to reflect on God’s teachings found in the reminder to avoid our wickedness. Those who are eagerly waiting to see whether there is any promise day, will not even get a chance to make their will or return to their people as it will come to them suddenly. The people will be resurrected and brought before God. They will be requited whatever they used to do, and will realize that how truthful of His promise was!
What is promised to the dwellers of Paradise and Hell
- The dwellers of Paradise, on that day will be joyful with their compensation (36:55). They and their spouses will be in beautiful shades, relaxing in comfortable furnishings (36:56). They will have fruits therein and will have whatever they call for (36:57). They will be greeted with peace from a Most Merciful Lord (36:58).
Note: The dwellers of Paradise will enjoy peace and happiness being greeted with “Peace” by the Most Gracious.
- You will stay apart today, O guilty ones (36:59). Did I not pledge to you, O Children of Adam, that you shall not worship the devil, for he is your most ardent enemy? (36:60). And that you shall worship Me? This is a straight path (36:61). He has misled a great multitudes of you. Did you not possess any understanding? (36:62). This is Hell that you have been promised (36:63). Today you will burn in it, as a consequence of your disbelief (36:64). On the day we will seal their mouths; their hands will speak to us and their feet will bear witness to everything they had done (36:65). If we willed, we can blind their eyes, and then they would race towards the path, but how would they see? (36:66). If we willed, we can freeze them in their places; thus, they can neither move forward, nor go back (36:67). And for whomever we grant a long life, we weaken him in body. Do they not understand? (36:68).
Note: The guilty ones will be in Hell where they will burn as they worshiped the devil instead of worshiping of God which was the straight path for them. Their mouths will be sealed while their hands will speak and their feet will bear witness about everything they had done. If God willed, they could be stopped but they were allowed to exercise their free will, and the promise day is designed for equitable judgment.
Quran is a reminder from God
- What we taught him was not poetry, nor is it befitting for him. This is but a reminder and a clear Quran (36:69). To warn those who are alive, and the retribution may be justified against the disbelievers (36:70). Did they not see that we created for them, with our own hands, livestock that they own? (36:71). And we subdued them for them; some they ride, and some they eat (36:72). They have other benefits in them as well as drinks. Would they not be appreciative? (36:73).
Note: The prophet was not taught anything other than Quran, which is full of God’s teachings found in His creations so that we can be thankful to Him.
God is the Creator and Omniscient
- They have accepted besides God other gods, so that they may be helped (36:74). they cannot help them but they will be brought against them as soldiers (36:75). So do not be saddened by their utterances. We are fully aware of what they conceal and what they declare (36:76). Does the human being not see that we created him from a tiny drop, then he turns into an ardent enemy? (36:77). He cites an example for us, who forgets his own creation! He says, “Who can give life to the bones that had rotted?” (36:78). Say, “He will give them life who made them in the first time. He is fully aware of every creation.” (36:79). He is the One who has made fire for you from the green trees, which you burn for light (36:80). Is not the One who created the heavens and the earth able to recreate the same? Yes indeed; He is the Creator, the Omniscient (36:81). When He intends anything, His command is just to say to it, “Be,” so it is (36:82). Therefore, glory be to the One in whose hand is the sovereignty over all things, and to Him you will be returned (36:83).
Note: Those who accepted other gods besides God considering them to be helpful for them will be their enemies. God knows what we conceal and what we declare as well as He has created us. God’s signs in His creations and is able to create anything with a least effort makes Him sovereign over all things, and our return to Him has been confirmed. Thus, He has eliminated any of our idea of intercession.
Sura Yaa Seen is one of the initialed suras consists of 83 verses and its title is according to the initials prefixed to it. The most significant aspects that are covered in it are: (1) oath of God, (2) messenger sent with divine message and mission, (3) our life does not end with our death, (4) rejecting messenger is a human tragedy, (5) story of three messengers to a city but there was only one believer, (6) the righteous are invited to enter Paradise at the time of death, (7) people make it their business to ridicule messengers, (8) signs of God in the nature as well as in the historical events, (9) what is promised to the dwellers of Paradise and Hell, (10) Quran is a reminder from God and (11) God is the Creator and Omniscient.
The sura begins with a multiple statement of God’s oath consisting of Yaa Seen and the wise Quran, and the true believers can only realize how awesome the God’s oath is! The oath affirms that the Most Merciful Almighty has revealed the wise Quran through His messenger to warn people whose parents were not warned. But most people will not see the warnings in the reminder (Quran) as they are forced in direction with shackles around their necks and have been placed barrier in front of them and behind them while those who follow the reminder and reverence the Most Gracious have deserved forgiveness and generous reward from Him. Our life is not ended with our death as the dead will be resurrected and are made accountable for what they had done based on their precise record.
God has sent messengers from time to time to guide the humanity. But what we see is most people of that generation have rejected messengers when they are sent with the reminder from Him supported by divine proof, even the reminder has made them wicked as they failed to reflect to warnings and good news for them in the reminder. Here is an example of people of a city who rejected the messengers but a person listened to them. When he was told to enter Paradise he wished that if my people knew that it would be good for them. Thus, who believed and listened to the messengers was forgiven and made him honorable. However, what happened after him was not his concern, and God has dealt with the people according to His will and wisdom.
Signs of God are found both in the nature as well as in the historical events as mentioned in the reminder. If we could reflect on them, and His teachings would be a lesson for us, we could avoid our wickedness to see the retribution of the promise day. However, the people will be resurrected and brought before God, and they will be requited whatever they used to do, and will realize that how truthful of His promise was!
The dwellers of Paradise will enjoy peace and happiness being greeted with “Peace” by the Most Gracious while the guilty ones will be in Hell where they will burn as they worshiped the devil instead of worshiping of God which was the straight path for them. Their mouths will be sealed while their hands will speak and their feet will bear witness about everything they had done. If God willed, they could be stopped to do that but they were allowed to exercise their free will, and the promise day is designed for equitable judgment for all.
The prophet was not taught anything other than Quran, which is full of His teachings found in His creations so that we can be thankful to Him. Those who accepted other gods besides God considering them to be helpful for them will be their enemies. God knows what we conceal and what we declare as well as He has created us. God’s signs in His creations as well as His abilities to create anything with a least effort makes Him sovereign over all things, and our return to Him has been confirmed without needing any intercessor.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.