God is Honorable so is the Quran (56:77). The honorable Quran was the straight path for the prophet (6:126) to get closer to God so is for those who believe in Him and are certain about the Hereafter (2:4). We see its reflection in the “The Opening” (al-Faatihah) which we recite 17 times in our daily 5 times Salat prayer asking Him to guide us to the straight path (1:6) if it would have been reflected. Hence, anyone who claims that she/he is a Muslim must read, understand and follow the Quran to attain nearness of God while mere reciting or memorizing it has no impact on our soul (7:204). And what it means that we must understand God’s wisdom, teachings, laws and commandments coded in the Quran being guidance, mercy, healing, good news and the truth for the believers. While studying it cover to cover or even going through certain sets of verses in it helps us to have His mercy as it is so efficiently designed that we would not fail to prepare ourselves for the eternal life that starts at the time of our death, even knowing our final destination to either Heaven or Hell.
- The whole Quran, which was inspired to prophet’s soul (53:10) on the night of 27th Ramadan in 13 B.H (609 A.D) is the clear guidance for humanity and the statute book for them wherein there is no error is to achieve righteousness informing that fasting is decreed in the entire month to be thankful to God for guiding us:
[2:185] Ramadan is a month in which the Quran has been revealed as a guidance for the people, clear proofs of the guidance and the statute book. So whoever among you has witnessed the month, then he should fast in it, and whoever has been ill or on a journey then the prescribed number from other days. God wishes ease for you and He does not wish hardship for you, and that you may complete the number, and that you may glorify God through which He has guided you and that you may appreciate.
Note: Fasting is decreed during the month of Ramadan to glorify God to be thankful to Him for giving us guidance with an exception to complete the prescribed number of days in other months if someone is sick or on the journey.
[2:2] This scripture wherein there is no doubt, is guidance for the righteous (lil’muttaqeen).
Note: God has referred Quran as revelation, recitation and scripture (mus’haf) as well in different context, which is the only means for those who submit to God, then want to achieve His nearness through appropriate beliefs and correct practices (Muslim -> Mu’min -> Muttaqin -> Saalihin).
- God commanded prophet in the Quran to follow what was revealed to him and asked him to warn him who followed the reminder and to turn away from him who turned away from it as well as to declare that the truth has come while the falsehood has vanished:
[10:109] And you shall follow what is revealed to you (Muhammad) and shall be patient until God gives judgment. And He is the best the Judge.
[33:2] And you shall follow what is revealed to you (Muhammad) from your Lord. Indeed, God is Cognizant of what you (all) do.
[36:11] You (prophet) can only warn whoever has followed the reminder (Quran) and has feared the Most Gracious in the unseen. So you shall give him good news of forgiveness and an honorable recompense.
[53:29] So you (prophet) shall turn away from whoever has turned away from our reminder, and he does not desire except the life of world.
[17:81] And say (prophet), “The truth has come and the falsehood has vanished; indeed, the falsehood is into vanish.”
Note: When the Quran was revealed the truth had appeared and the falsehood disappeared.
Even this piece of information has a mathematical confirmation consisting of 6 verses across 6 suras, and the sum of the relevant sura and verse numbers is a multiple of 19 => 513 = 19x27 (details are given in the table below):
Note: This mathematical confirmation is an explicit proof of God’s commandment for the prophet to follow what was revealed to him turning away from those who did not follow the reminder as the truth had appeared while the falsehood disappeared to stay in the straight path.
- God commanded His prophet to follow the Quran being the straight path what he only followed, so is it for the believers being enlightenment from our Lord as guidance, mercy, healing, good news and the truth. Thus, the Quran is only our means to be guided in the straight path to deserve a great recompense with our Lord through appropriate beliefs and practices of given rites in given ways:
[6:126] And this (Quran) is a straight path to your (Muhammad) Lord (wa-haadhaa siraatu rabbika mus’taqeeman). Certainly, we have explained the revelations for a people who take heed.
Note: Quran was the straight path for the prophet and contemporary believers as well as for the believers down the generations.
[17:9] Indeed, this Quran guides to the straightest path, and brings good news for the believers who do the righteous works, that they have deserved a great recompense.
Note: The message in the verse confirms that Quran was not only the straight path for the prophet but also for the believers who deserve a great recompense with God.
[6:50] Say, “I (prophet) do not say to you that I (Muhammad) possess the treasures of God nor do I know the unseen nor do I say to you that I am an angel. I do not follow except what is revealed to me.” Say, “Are the blind and the seer the same? Then do you not think?”
[7:203] And when you do not bring them a sign, they say: “Why have you not got it?” Say: “I (Muhammad) only follow what is revealed to me from my Lord. This is enlightenment from your Lord, and guidance and mercy for a people who believe.”
[10:15] And when our clear revelations (aayaatunaa bayyinatin) are recited to them, those who do not expect to meet us said: “Bring a Quran other than this, or change it!” Say: “It is not for me (Muhammad) that I can change it of my own, I only follow what is revealed to me. Indeed, I fear if I disobey my Lord, the retribution of a great day!”
Note: This verse is the direct proof that the prophet did not recite anything other than Quran.
[46:9] Say: “I (Muhammad) am not different from the other messengers, and I do not know what will happen to me or to you. I only follow what is revealed to me, and I am but clear warner.”
Note: The above 4 verses confirm that the prophet recited and followed what was revealed to him being enlightenment, guidance and mercy for the believers.
Even this piece of information also has a mathematical confirmation consisting of 6 verses across 5 suras, and the sum of the relevant sura and verse numbers is a multiple of 19 => 570 = 19x30 (details are given in the table below):
Note: This mathematical confirmation is an explicit proof of God’s commandment for the prophet to stay in the straight path following what was revealed to him as the truth had appeared while the falsehood disappeared.
- God has warned us to read the Quran avoiding the interference of Satan while He has prevented the wicked from understanding the Quran placing coverings around their hearts and deafness in their ears as they fail to put their trust in it, who will never ever be guided:
[16:98] So, when you read the Quran, you shall seek refuge in God from Satan, the rejected.
Note: Satan will do his utmost to keep us away from the message to make us losers as our great enemy and we must pay proper attention when we read the Quran to know God’s teachings.
[17:45] And when you (prophet) read the Quran, we place between you (prophet) and those who do not believe in the Hereafter an invisible barrier.
[17:46] And we have placed coverings around their hearts lest they understand it and deafness in their ears. And when you mention your Lord with the Quran alone, they turn on their backs in aversion.
[17:82] And what we reveal in the Quran, is healing and mercy for the believers. But it does not increase except loss to the wicked.
[18:57] Who is more wicked than the one who is reminded with his Lord’s revelations but he turns away from them, forgetting what he has with him. Indeed, we have placed veils on their hearts lest they understand it, and deafness in their ears, and if you invite them to the guidance, they will never ever be guided.
- Prophet was informed when to observe the Noon prayer including recitation of Quran at dawn and reflecting with it at night to raise his status with Him while Salat prayer is the prime source to grow our soul preventing us from the evil behavior and works through remembering God:
[17:78] You (prophet) shall observe the Contact Prayer (al-salata) when the sun declines towards the darkness of the night and shall recite Quran at dawn. Indeed, reciting Quran at dawn is witnessed.
Note: God cited the time of Zahur prayer as well as the time of effective recitation of Quran to the prophet, which is also applicable for those who believe the Quran to be their guidance.
[17:79] And of the night, you (prophet) may reflect with it (Quran) (fa-tahajjad bihi) for your extra (reward) (naafilatan laka), that your Lord may raise you to an honorable rank.
Note: God cited the time for the prophet to reflect with the Quran to raise his status with Him by earning extra reward, which is the opportunity for the believers to raise their status with Him as well but there is no indication in this verse or anywhere in the Quran to observe tahajjad prayer except an innovation while there is only one instance of tahajjad in the entire Quran.
[29:45] You (prophet) shall recite what is revealed to you of the scripture, and observe the Contact Prayer (al-salata). Indeed, the Contact Prayer prevents from vice and evil while remembering God is surely, the great. And God knows what you (all) do.
Note: Salat is the prime source of nourishing our soul for their growth to have weight (21:47).
- God assures the believers by taking oath referring to the positions of stars that the honorable Quran in a protected book is a revelation from the Lord of the universe with a requirement to study it being sincere:
[56:75] Nay, I (God) swear by the positions of the stars.
[56:76] And indeed, this is a great oath if you knew.
[56:77] Indeed, this is undoubtedly an honorable Quran (innahu la-qur’aanun kareemun).
Note: God has ensured Quran to be honorable assigning one of His own attributes to it that we should value His words as they should be valued if we are really certain about the Hereafter to stay in the straight path expecting recompense from Him in the Hereafter.
[56:78] In a protected book.
Note: God, the author of Quran has guaranteed to prevail authentic Quran at all its three phases: revelation (between Gabriel and prophet), recitation (prophet and his contemporaries), and scripture (written form of it for all generations of people).
[56:79] None can grasp (touch) it except the sincere (laa-yamassuhu illaa al-mut’haruuna).
Note: None can understand the Quran except the sincere but ablution (wudu) requires for reading the Quran is a myth while ablution only requires for observing the Salat prayer.
[56:80] A revelation from the Lord of the universe.
Note: The Gabriel brought it (Quran) down to the prophet’s heart by permission of God.
28 verses across 13 suras are reviewed to understand the honorable Quran being the straight path for the prophet as well as for all of us. If the relevant sura and verse numbers are added, the sum is a multiple of 19=> 19x119 (details are given in the table below):
Note: This mathematical confirmation is an explicit proof that the honorable Quran, which was the straight path for the prophet and his contemporary believers, is also the same for the believers down the generations leaving the falsehood into vanish while the wicked who have coverings around their hearts and deafness in their ears, and those who cannot read the Quran being sincere as well as avoiding the interference of Satan have no access to it.
- The honorable Quran was the straight path for the prophet to get closer to God so is for those who believe in God and are certain about the Hereafter.
- We see its reflection in the “The Key” (al-Fatehah) which we recite 17 times in our daily 5 times Salat prayer asking Him to guide us to the straight path (1:6).
- Anyone being Muslim must read, understand and follow the Quran to attain nearness of God reflecting to God’s wisdom, teachings, laws and commandments in it being our guidance, mercy, healing and good news while there is no gain from mere reciting or memorizing it.
- Studying it cover to cover or from analyzing of certain sets of verses in it helps us to have His mercy for its efficient design that we would not fail to prepare ourselves for the eternal life.
- The whole Quran was inspired to prophet’s soul on the night of 27th Ramadan in 13 B.H (609 A.D) stating it the clear guidance for humanity and the statute book wherein there is no error being the only means to achieve righteousness with God.
- God commanded His prophet in the Quran to follow what was revealed to him and asked him to turn away from him who turned away from the reminder.
- He also commanded His prophet to declare that the truth has come while the falsehood has vanished being Quran is the way to stay with the truth leaving the falsehood into vanish.
- The prophet obeyed God’s order and followed the Quran, which was the straight path for him.
- God has prevented the wicked to understand the Quran placing coverings around their hearts and deafness in their ears, who have no trust in the Quran and these, are those who turn away from it in aversion when recited to them will never ever be guided.
- Prophet was asked to observe the Salat prayer at noon, being the prime source to grow our soul preventing us from evil behavior and works through remembering God.
- He was asked to recite the Quran at dawn as well as to reflect with it at night for extra reward to raise his status with Him but there is no commandment for him to observe tahajjd prayer.
- God assures the believers by taking oath referring to the positions of stars that the honorable Quran is a revelation from Him mentioning that none can grasp it except the sincere.
- He has made it a requirement to read the Quran being sincere but ablution (wudu) is not the precondition to read the Quran except satanic trick and misinterpretation to keep away from it.
- He has commanded us to read the Quran being freed from the interference of Satan does not mean customary recitation but awareness of making efforts to retrieve the correct message.
What Prophet Muhammad recited is known to the world for which he has been a prophet but what is not known to them having the final edition of God’s scripture for what has been given to him is a messenger of God and a seal of the prophets being appropriate interpretation of the verse, 33:40. Even, what he was commanded to follow or what he had followed may not be known to many for not having knowledge of what is in his recitation, has been confirmed from his recitation with explicit proofs. Now, those who are throwing themselves into the Fire with their own hands disregarding his recitation and misinterpreting the crucial commandments in his recitation may repent and reform. In order to do that they may reflect to the enlightenment in his recitation as well as to explicit proofs derived from his recitation to complete their journey to the Hereafter being guided by God. Thus, the Quran was the straight path for the prophet, is also the straight path for the believers of any generations disregarding any man-made teachings, laws and rituals (31:6):
[6:155] And this (Quran) is a blessed scripture that we have revealed; you (all) shall follow it and lead a righteous life so that you may receive mercy.
[7:204] And when the Quran is recited, then you shall listen to it and shall pay attention so that you are given mercy.
[31:6] And of the people, there are those who accept idle tales to mislead from the path of God without knowledge, and to take it for a mockery. These have incurred a humiliating retribution.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.