- God is the One who has revealed the Statute Book to His servant to serve as a warner to the world:
[25:1] Blessed is the One who revealed the Statute Book to His servant (Muhammad), so he can be a warner to the world.
[33:40] Muhammad is not father of anyone of your men but having a messenger of God and seal of the prophets, and God has done being Knower of everything.
[18:27] You (Muhammad) shall recite what has been revealed to you of your Lord’s scripture. None can change His words, and you will not find any refuge other than Him.
[29:45] You (Muhammad) shall recite what has been revealed to you of the scripture, and observe the Contact Prayer. Indeed, the Contact Prayers prevent from evil and vice but the remembrance of God is the greatest, and God knows what you (all) do.
- The entire Quran was placed into prophet Muhammad’s soul in the special night known as the Night of Power (laylatal al qadr) in 13 B.H (609 A.D.) when he, the soul not the body was taken to the highest horizon. Then, the angel Gabriel helped the prophet release a few verses of the Quran at a time, from his soul to his memory over the time period of 23 years to place the whole Quran into his memory as well as read it to the contemporary people piece by piece:
[17:1] Glorified is the One who took His servant (Muhammad) by night, from the Sacred Masjid (of Mecca) to the farthest place of prostration, whose surroundings we have blessed, so we can show him of our signs. He is the Hearer, the Seer.
[53:8] He drew nearer by moving down.
[53:9] Until He became as close as possible.
[53:10] He then inspired to His servant what He inspired.
[44:3] Indeed, we have sent it (the scripture) down in a blessed night, for we are to warn.
[44:4] In it (the blessed night), every matter of wisdom is clarified.
[97:1] Indeed, we revealed it (the Quran) in the Night of Destiny.
[97:2] And do you know what the Night of Destiny is?
[2:97] Say, "Anyone who opposes Gabriel should know that he has brought down this (Quran) into your heart, in accordance with God’s will, confirming previous scriptures, and providing guidance and good news for the believers."
[17:106] We have released the Quran in pieces, in order for you to read it to the people over a period of time, and it was sent down gradually.
- God has revealed the Quran and the names of each sura along with specific instructions where to put each sura in the final format of the Quran. There are no disputes regarding the Order of Revelation of the Quran as well as the arrangement of suras in the Mus-haf. If the corresponding revelation order # preceded to the sura # are placed side by side for every sura, the resulting 468-digit number is a multiple of 19.
- God has revealed the Quran and has prefixed 29 suras with 14 sets of Arabic letters known as Quranic Initials. These initials play many significant roles as proofs of the Quran to be divine but one set of the initials, Alif Lam Meem plays as a marker between the specific words given in Sura 1- Al-Fatehah for our prayer and the words for our guidance given in Sura 2- Al-Baqarah to Sura 114- Al-Naas:
[2:1] Alif Lam Meem.
[2:2]This scripture wherein there is no doubt, is a guidance for the righteous.
- God has revealed the Quran and has confirmed us that He is both Author and Teacher of the Quran, and also let us know that He teaches us in a way so that we can distinguish between truth and falsehood. Who can teach us better than Him who has created us?
[10:37] This Quran could not be authored by other than God. It confirms which was before it, and is a fully detailed scripture. There is no doubt about it that it is from the Lord of the universe.
[4:82] Why do they not study the Quran carefully? If it were from other than God, they would have found in it many contradictions.
[55:1-2] The Most Gracious. He taught the Quran.
[55:3-4] He created the human being. He taught him how to distinguish.
- God has revealed the Quran and has promised that He will preserve the reminder (Quran) and has assured us that no falsehood has entered it in the past or in the future. He has coded it with an invisible guard that we know now, is its built-in mathematical system to protect it from any distortion and to provide us physical proofs to strengthen our hearts:
[15:9] Absolutely, we have revealed the reminder, and, absolutely, we will preserve it.
[41:42] No falsehood could enter it, in the past or in the future; a revelation from a Most Wise, Praiseworthy.
[74:30] Over it is nineteen.
[74:31] And we have made the angels to be guardians of Hell and we have assigned their number: (1) to warn the disbelievers, (2) to make certain for those who were given the scripture, (3) to strengthen the faith of those who believe, and (4) to eliminate any doubt from those who were given the scripture and the believers. Those who have disease in their hearts as well as the disbelievers would say, “What did God mean by this allegory?” Thus, God misguides whomever he wills and He guides whomever He wills. None knows your Lord’s soldiers except He. In fact, it is a reminder for the humans.
[74:32-34] Indeed, (I swear) by the moon. And the night as it passes. And the morning as it shines.
[74:35] Indeed, this is undoubtedly one of the greatest (signs).
[74:36-37] A warning to the human race. For anyone among you who wishes to advance or regress.
- God has revealed the Quran and has confirmed to worship Him alone avoiding idol worship:
[39:45] When God alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter shrink with aversion. But when others are mentioned beside Him, they become satisfied.
[4:48] God does not forgive idolatry, but He forgives other than that for whomever He wills. Anyone who associates partners with God, has committed a horrendous sin.
- God has revealed the Quran and has placed allegories in it that need our special attention to reveal the appropriate message from the relevant verses:
[24:35] God is the light of the heavens and the earth. The allegory of His light is that of a concave mirror behind a lamp that is placed inside a glass container. The glass container is like a bright, pearl-like star. The fuel thereof is supplied from a blessed oil-producing tree that is neither eastern, nor western. Its oil is almost self-radiating; needs no fire to ignite it. Light upon light. God guides to His light whoever He wills. God cites the examples for the people. God is aware of all things.
[27:82] When the punishment is almost due against them, we will produce for them a creature from the earth speaking to them that the people are not certain about our revelations.
- God has revealed the Quran with the truth confirming and consolidating the previous scripture with it, informing us that the multiple messages have been sent down to serve as a guidance as a test for humanity at a given time:
[3:3] He sent down to you the scripture with the truth, confirming what was before it, and He sent down the Torah and the Gospel.
[5:48] And we have revealed to you (Muhammad) the scripture with the truth, confirming the scripture what was before it and consolidating with it. So, you shall judge between them with what God has revealed, and do not follow their wishes as the truth has come to you. For each of you, we have decreed a law and a clear way. Had God willed, He would have made you one community, but He is to test you with what He has given you. So, you shall compete for righteousness. To God you all will return, then He will inform you of what in it you had disputed.
[35:31] What we revealed to you of the scripture is the truth, confirming what was before it. Indeed, God is fully aware of His servants, Seer.
- God has revealed the Quran to perfect His religion completing His blessing on humanity as well as distinguishing the right way from the wrong way while all the God given rites of Submission that we practice today existed before the revelation of the Quran:
[3:19] The religion with God is Submission, and those who received the scripture did not dispute except after the knowledge came to them out of jealousy between them. And whoever rejects God’s revelations, then God is swift in reckoning.
[5:3] Today, I have perfected your religion, completed My blessing upon you (all), and I have decreed Submission as the religion for you (all).
[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in the religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in God has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. God is Hearer, Omniscient.
[8:35] Their contact prayers (Salat) at the shrine (Ka`bah) were no more than a fun and amusement. So, taste the retribution for what you used to disbelieve.
[16:123] Then we inspired to you (Muhammad) that you shall follow the religion of Abraham, a monotheist, and he was not an idol worshiper.
- God has revealed the Quran and has clarified disputes, corrected and updated His teachings, and explained things where needed:
[4:171] You shall not say, "Trinity." You shall refrain from this for your own good. God is only one god.
[2:187 Permitted for you is sexual relations with your wives during the nights of fasting. God knew that you used to betray your souls, and He has redeemed you, and has forgiven you. From now, you may have sexual relations with them and seek what God has permitted for you.
[17:110] Do not be too loud, nor be too quite in your contact prayers, and use a moderate tone.
[5:6] O you who believe, when you observe the contact prayers, you shall: (1) wash your faces and (2) your arms to the elbows, and (3) wipe your heads and (4) your feet to the ankles. But if you are unclean for having sexual relation, then purify yourselves by bathing. And when you are ill, or traveling, or have had the bathroom or had (sexual) contact with the women, and you cannot find water, then do the dry ablution with a clean soil by wiping your faces and your hands with it. God does not wish to make it difficult for you but He wishes to purify you and to perfect His blessing upon you, so that you may be appreciative.
- God has revealed the Quran and has made it a source of His laws detailing with knowledge, guidance and mercy, as well as completing His word with truth and justice:
[6:114] “Shall I seek other than God as a judge (a source of laws), when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those to whom we gave the scripture know that it has been revealed from your Lord with truth, so do not harbor any doubt.”
[6:115] The word of your Lord is complete in truth and justice. None can change His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.
[7:52] We have given them a scripture that is fully detailed, with knowledge, guidance, and mercy for the people who believe.
- God has revealed the Quran and has defined the two terms, messenger and prophet. Since the word, scripture is found consistently associated with the term, prophet, and the prophets are those who are sent with scripture while messengers are those who are commissioned with other form of message. Thus, all prophets are messengers but all messengers are not prophets, even we may use our junior high school knowledge from the definition of square and rectangle that squares are rectangles whereas rectangles are not squares to confirm the difference between prophet and messenger:
[2:213] The people used to be one community as God sent the prophets as bearers of good news and warners and He sent down with them the scripture with the truth to judge among the people in their disputes. But those who were given it did not dispute in it after the clear proofs had come to them except out of jealousy among themselves. Thus, God guided those who believed by His permission regarding what they disputed in it of the truth and God guides whoever He wills to a straight path.
[3:81] And God took a covenant from the prophets saying: "Whatever I have given you of the scripture and wisdom, then a messenger will come to you confirming what is with you. You shall believe in him and support him." He said: "Do you agree and pledge to fulfill this covenant?" They said: "We agree." He said: "You have thus borne witness, and I bear witness along with you."
- God has revealed the Quran and has coded in it the birth of the universe, now known as the Big Bang Theory as well as the Theory of the Expanding Universe including movement of earth:
[21:30] Do the disbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were a single entity, then we parted them? And from the water we made all living beings. Will not they believe then?
[21:31] And we placed in the earth stabilizers (mountains), lest it tumbles with them, and we made wide roads therein so that they may be guided.
[51:47] We constructed the universe with strength, and we will continue to expand it.
[69:17] The angels will be all around, and that Day your Lord’s dominion will be increased to eight (universes).
[27:88] When you look at the mountains, you think that they are standing still. But they are moving, like the clouds. Such is the creation of God, who has perfected everything. He is Cognizant of everything you do.
- God has revealed the Quran and has made it a reminder for all the people of the world:
[12:104] And you are not asking them any reward for it. It is not but a reminder for the world.
[38:87] It is not but a reminder for the world.
[68:52] It is not but a reminder for the world.
[81:27] It is not but a reminder for the world.
- God has revealed the Quran to be His true guidance, and those who are blessed with knowledge will recognize the truth, believe in it and readily accept it as God guides the believers to the straight path:
[2:120] Neither the Jews, nor the Christians will be pleased with you (Muhammad), unless you follow their religion. Say, "God’s guidance is the true guidance." And if you follow their wishes after the knowledge that has come to you, you will not find any protector or helper against God.
[6:71] Say, "Shall we call upon other than God, which cannot benefit us or harm us, and we turn back on our heels after God has guided us?" This is like the one whom the devils have managed to mislead on earth, he is confused, having friends who call him to the guidance: "Come to us!" Say, "God’s guidance is the true guidance, and we have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the universe.
[22:54] And that those who have been given the knowledge may know that it is the truth from your Lord, then they believe in it, and their hearts will be soften to it. Most assuredly, God guides the believers to a straight path.
[6:126] This is the straight path to your Lord. We have explained the revelations for people who take heed.
- God has revealed the Quran and has defined in it the duty of His messenger:
[5:99] The messenger is only to deliver. And God knows what you reveal and what you conceal.
[27:91] I (Muhammad) have been commanded to worship the Lord of this town that He has made it sacred. To Him belongs all things. I am commanded to be a submitter.
[27:92] “And that I recite the Quran.” Whoever is guided is guided for himself, and whoever goes astray, then say, "I am only a warner."
- God has revealed the Quran and has prohibited His prophet not to recite any teachings other than the Quran. This may seem to be a warning to the prophet but it is a confirmation for us from Him that he did recite any teachings other than the Quran to maintain its purity:
[69:44] Had he (prophet) uttered any other teachings.
[69:45] We would have punished him.
[69:46] We would have stopped the revelations to him.
- God has revealed the Quran and has explained it so that we do not have to seek for any other sources when we have any concern/questions about our religion given by Him:
[75:16] Do not move your tongue with it to hasten it.
[75:17] It is we who will collect it into Quran.
[75:18] Once we recite it, you shall follow such a Quran.
[75:19] Then it is we who will explain it.
- God has revealed the Quran and has made it easy to learn but has made certain requirements to understand it while He has prevented many from understanding it for not to fulfill such requirements:
[54:17] We made the Quran easy to learn. Does any of you wish to learn?
[56:79] None can grasp it except the sincere.
[16:98] When you read the Quran, you shall seek refuge in God from Satan the rejected.
[17:46] We have placed coverings around their hearts lest they understand it and deafness in their ears. And when you mention your Lord with the Quran alone, they turn on their backs in aversion.
- God has revealed the Quran and has made it best, unique and authentic source, and has established His system with His servants, which is unchangeable:
[39:23] God has revealed the best hadith, a book that is consistent with two paths. The skins of those who reverence their Lord shiver therefrom, then their skins and their hearts soften to the reminder of God. Such is the guidance of God, He guides with it (Quran) whoever He wills. And whoever God let go astray, then there is no guide for him.
[52:34] Let them produce a Hadith like this, if they are truthful.
[77:50] Then in which Hadith, other than this (Quran), do they believe?
[17:77] Such is (our) system (sunnata) with whom we sent our messengers before you (Muhammad), and you will not find any change in our system (lisunnatinaa).
[40:85] But their belief did not benefit them, when they saw our retribution. Such is God’s system (sunnatallahi) that has been established with His servants. And the disbelievers were lost there.
[48:23] Such is God’s system (sunnatallahi) which is from the past, and you will not find any change in God’s system (lisunnatillahi).
- God has revealed the Quran and let us know that the end of the world is very close to make it certain that we have to face judgment when will meet with our Lord:
[42:17] God is the One who sent down the scripture with truth and the justice. And what will make you know that the Hour may be very close.
[20:15] The Hour is surely coming; I will keep it almost hidden, for each soul must be paid for its works.
[54:1] The Hour has come closer, and the moon has split.
- God has revealed the Quran and let us know that it is wondrous in many ways:
[59:21] If we revealed this Quran to a mountain, you would see it trembling, crumbling, out of reverence for God. We cite these examples for the people, so that they may reflect.
[97:3] The Night of Destiny is better than a thousand months.
- God has revealed the Quran and has informed us that He sent many messengers and prophets but He has not given higher status to anyone over others more than one way:
[2:285] The messenger believes in what was sent down to him from his Lord, and so do the believers. They believe in God, His angels, His scripture, and His messengers: "We do not make distinction between any of His messengers." They said, "We hear, and we obey. Forgive us, our Lord. To You is our destiny."
[3:84] Say, "We believe in God, and what was sent down to us, and what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs, and what was given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets from their Lord. We do not make distinction between any of them. To Him we are submitters."
[3:194] “Our Lord, grant us what You have promised us through Your messengers, and do not forsake us on the Day of Resurrection. You never break a promise.”
- God has revealed the Quran and has made it infallible, clear, and free of ambiguity or contradictions:
[10:37] This Quran could not be authored by other than God. It confirms which was before it, and is a fully detailed scripture. There is no doubt about it that it is from the Lord of the universe.
[39:28] An Arabic Quran, without any ambiguity, that they may be righteous.
[4:82] Why do they not study the Quran carefully? If it were from other than God, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.
[15:1] Alif Lam Ra. These are proofs of this scripture; a clear Quran.
- God has revealed the Quran and has assigned 4 of His own attributes to it: great, glorious, honorable and wise so that we can value His words as they should be valued:
[15:87] We have given you the seven pairs, and the great Quran.
[50:1] Qaf, and the glorious Quran.
[56:77] This is an honorable Quran.
[36:2] And the wise Quran.
- God has revealed the Quran and let us know that the Quran has all His words that we need to lead a righteous life to be a source of His laws and teachings for our salvation:
[18:109] Say, if the ocean were ink for the words of my Lord, the ocean would run out, before the words of my Lord run out, even if we were to bring another like it for (ink) supplement.
[31:27] If all the trees in the earth were made into pens, and the ocean would be (ink), adding seven to it one after another, the words of God would not run out. God is Almighty, Most Wise.
This review just referring to subsets of Quranic verses confirms that the Quran is extremely efficiently designed to serve humanity having specific details where required, or only a few words being adequate to fully address a subject. Hence, some instructions are spelled out elaborately in it, while some instructions are to be derived from it using the information provided in it. The Quran has built-in mathematical system, and the mathematical structure given to it down the transmission during the rewriting of the Quran formatting its Arabic text from Kufic script for non-Arabic readers would help us for correct interpretation of His laws deriving and confirming the details of pre-existing religious rites to practice them in a correct way. The essential condition set by God for acquiring knowledge from the Quran is we must not seek any other source besides it as it has everything that we need to follow our religion addressing disputes, distortions and innovations. Muslims will have to re-educate themselves about the Word of God in the Quran that those who believe in God and the Last Day but seek answers of their questions and concern from any other sources are disbelievers of Quran, and God has prevented them from understanding it. The Quran is characterized by a unique phenomenon due to its mathematical literary composition wherein God has given us literal instructions along with science to build our concept, and technologies to confirm our practices to enrich our soul so that we can meet Him with our enriched soul, the only requirement set by God for anyone who expects reward from Him.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless.