Quran’s mathematical coding is a divine message, which is around us for about half a century. Even though many religious observant who believe in the Quran are aware of it but they disregard it because of their misconception about Muhammad who was not only the last prophet but also the last messenger (33:40). However, to some it is just surprising while others do not reflect it in their beliefs and practices just to stay with the majority. Thus, they continue with their corrupt beliefs and practices being ignorant and jealous on the messenger blessed with the message to bring people back to God’s revelations (27:82). It is regret that they fail to realize that any divine message is a blessing for humanity to guide it to the right direction in the event of its disgrace and deviation. As a consequence, they make themselves losers in the Hereafter for holding fast to the centuries-long corrupt beliefs and practices overlooking the given opportunity to observe religion in a right way to be successful. However, this study is aimed to understand the divine communication method to reveal the mathematical coding of Quran through the messenger of covenant.
The mathematical system
Dr. Rashad who found the mathematical system in the Quran in 1974 was inspired to unveil the mathematical coding of Quran as the messenger of covenant (3:81 and 33:7). This divine communication method can be understood from the excerpt of his biography reflecting to his works. His initiative to translate the Quran to English and the computer analysis of the Quranic Initials were his key efforts to find the mathematical system in the Quran. The initial concept of the mathematical system in the Quran was supported with adequate proofs from the Quran calling them the miracles of the Quran. In fact, these are the built-in physical facts to validate the Quran to be divine message, to protect the revealed Quran from any distortions down its transmission, to perfect the beliefs and practices of religious rites, to confirm the crucial events and to avoid misinterpretation of certain commandments through investigations and observations of the Quran.
- His initiative to translate the Quran
In 1968, I realized that the existing English translations of the Quran did not present the truthful message of God’s Final Testament. When I saw the truth of God’s word thus distorted, I decided to translate the Quran, at least for the benefit of my own children. Since I was a chemist by profession, and despite my extensive religious background – my father was a renowned Sufi leader in Egypt – I vowed to God that I would not move from one verse to the next unless I fully understood it. I purchased all the available books of Quranic translations and exegeses (Tafseer) I could find, placed them on a large table, and began my translation. The first sura, The Key, was completed in a few days. The first verse in Sura 2 is “A.L.M.” The translation of this verse took four years, and coincided with the divine unveiling of “the secret,” the great mathematical Miracle of the Quran.
- Computer analysis of single-lettered Quranic initials
The books of Quranic exegeses unanimously agreed that “no one knows the meaning or significance of the Quranic Initials A.L.M., or any other initials.” I decided to write the Quran into the computer, analyze the whole text, and see if there were any mathematical correlations among these Quranic initials. I used a time-share terminal, connected by telephone to a giant computer. To test my hypothesis, I decided to look at the single – lettered Quranic Initials -“Q” (Qaaf) of Suras 42 and 50, “S” (Saad) of Suras 7, 19, and 38, and “N” (Noon) of Sura 68. As detailed in my first book MIRACLE OF THE QURAN: SIGNIFICANCE OF THE MYSTERIOUS ALPHABETS (Islamic Productions, 1973), many previous attempts to unravel the mystery had failed.
The computer data showed that the text of the only Q-initialed suras, 42 and 50, contained the same number of Q’s, 57 and 57. That was the first hint that a deliberate mathematical system might exist in the Quran.
Sura 50 is entitled “Q,” prefixed with “Q,” and the first verse reads, “Q, and the glorious Quran.” This indicated that “Q” stands for “Quran,” and the total number of Q’s in the two Q-initialed suras represents the Quran’s 114 suras (57+57 = 114 = 19×6). This idea was strengthened by the fact that “the Quran” occurs in the Quran 57 times.
- The Quran is described in Sura “Q” as “Majid” (glorious), and the Arabic word “Majid” has a gematrical value of 57: M (40) + J (3) + I (10) + D (4) = 57.
- Sura 42 consists of 53 verses, and 42 + 53 = 95 = 19x5.
- Sura 50 consists of 45 verses, and 50 + 45 = 95 =19x5 same total as in Sura 42.
Here is a summary of the Q-related data:
- The frequency of occurrence of “Q” in Sura “Q” (No. 50) is 57, 19×3.
- The letter “Q” occurs in the other Q-initialed sura (No. 42) exactly the same number of times, 57.
- The total occurrence of the letter “Q” in the two Q-initialed suras is 114, which equals the number of suras in the Quran.
- “The Quran” is mentioned in the Quran 57 times.
- The description of the Quran as “Majid” (Glorious) is correlated with the frequency of occurrence of the letter “Q” in each of the Q-initialed suras. The word “Majid” has a gematrical value of 57.
- Sura 42 consists of 53 verses, and 42 + 53 is 95, or 19×5.
- Sura 50 consists of 45 verses, and 50 + 45 is also 95, 19×5.
- The number of Q’s in all verses numbered “19” throughout the Quran is 76, 19×4.
- Updated counts of Quranic initials
Here are the editorial notes from the submission.org on the updated counts of ALM and ALR as well as ALMR and ALMS based on established counting rules initially counted and found their occurrences in each sura by Dr. Rashad:
- This is a study of the total count of the Quranic initials, ALM and the ALR in the Quran using both manual count as well as a computer assisted count of the Quran written in a text format and corrected to the original Uthmani method of writing. Our study showed that the total count of both the ALM and the ALR initials of all the suras that start with these initials is a multiple of 19. All the suras that start with the same initials have to be added together to produce the multiple of 19 phenomena as the one seen in the HM initialed group and which is a character of the mathematical miracle of the Quran. Our study finds that the Hafs method of writing the Quran is the method kept in shape with the transmitted written and oral verses of the Quran except for few human errors and therefore preserved the mathematical miracle of the Quran as God promised in 15:9.
- This is a study of the total count of the Quranic initials, ALMR and ALMS in the Quran using both manual count as well as a computer assisted count, of the Quran written in a text format and corrected to the Uthmani method of writing. Our study showed that the total count of both the ALMR and the ALMS initials which top suras 13 and 7 respectively is a multiple of 19 and follows the pattern of the Mathematical Miracle of the Quran.. Our study also confirmed some human errors in the orthography (Rasm) of some words in the modern edition of the Qurans, Hafs Mus-haf, when the rules of this research is applied. These words have to be corrected using the latest tool given to us by God Almighty, the mathematical miracle of the Quran.
- His acknowledgement
We know from the editorial note of the submission.org what we find in Appendix 1 of his translated Quran that he never forgot to acknowledge the help and contribution to his translation of some of his close friends and associates. Some of them are still active in preaching the same message of worshipping God alone and following the Quran alone. Even those who criticize his translation for some of its errors still admit to its clarity, simplicity and pure guidance:
All praise and thanks are due to God who has willed that His miracle of the Quran shall be revealed at this time. He has distinguished the following individuals and blessed them by revealing through them many portions of this momentous discovery: Abdullah Arik, Mohamoud Ali Abib, Lisa Spray, Edip Yuksel, Ihsan Ramadan, Feroz Karmally, Ismail Barakat, Gatut Adisoma, Ahmed Yusuf, Cesar A. Majul, Muhtesem Erisen, and Emily Kay Sterrett.
- Involvement of the angel Gabriel
There is no mention in his works or statements about the involvement of the angel/Gabriel that the Gabriel came down to him with the message along with a sign of his messengership. But what we find from his two statements that the Gabriel confirmed him to be a messenger of God as well as insisted him on declaring to be a messenger of God:
- I was told most assertively, through the angel Gabriel that Verse 3 of Sura 36 refers specifically to me (Appendix 2 of his translated Quran).
- I used to think: Why is the announcement necessary? Why not preach the word of God, uphold the word of God ALONE, and preach the worship of God ALONE, without announcing anything about the messengership? In those days of ignorance, I resisted making such an announcement. Finally, I was told that I was too coward to carry out the duties of God’s messenger. I was fired. It took a whole night of repenting, crying, apologizing, and pledging. When I reached a solid conviction that I must make the announcement, even at the cost of losing my own children and my best friends, I was restored. The following night, I spoke with my daughter during the pre-dawn meal of a Ramadan night, and I was trying to be as diplomatic as I could be. My daughter interrupted, “What are you trying to say, Dad? I knew all along that you are God’s messenger.” I received the same response from all the believers around me. They had known me for a long time, and they knew that I was not a crazy man. They realized that a person who lies about God or claims messengership falsely has to be a person who does nor believe in God or the Hereafter; a person who does not expect to stand before God on the Day of Judgment to answer for his actions. (October 1989 Submitters Perspective)
Dr. Rashad has been chosen as the messenger of covenant that can be confirmed reflecting to the details given below even with explicit proofs eliminating any doubt from the hearts of those who believe in God as well as in the Quran as guidance of the people, clear proofs of the guidance and the statute book (2:185):
[2:185] Ramadan is the month in which the Quran was revealed as guidance for the people, clear proofs of the guidance, and the statute book. So whoever among you witnesses the month, then he should fast in it. But whoever is ill among you or on a journey, then the prescribed number in other days. God wishes for you ease and He does not wish for you hardship so that you can complete the prescribed number, and that you can glorify God for what He has guided you so that you may be grateful.
- Fulfillment of prophecies and promise in the Quran
There is specific mention on the advent of the messenger of covenant (3:81 and 33:7) supported with a sign of number 19 (74:30) followed by the fulfillment of the related prophecies and promise in the Quran to protect the revealed Quran (15:9) as well as to bring people back to it when the punishment is getting closer (27:82):
[3:81] And when God took a covenant from the prophets: “Whatever I have given you of the scripture and wisdom, then a messenger comes to you confirming what is with you. You shall believe in him and support him.” He said: “Do you agree and pledge to fulfill this covenant?” They said: “We agree.” He said: “You have thus borne witness, and I bear witness along with you.”
Note: The prophecy in the Quran to send a messenger after delivering all the scriptures is destined to unveil the code of the Quran by God’s leave upon fulfillment of the prophecy.
[33:7] And we took from the prophets their covenant, and from you (Muhammad), and from Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus the son of Mary. And we took from them a solemn covenant.
Note: The confirmation of the prophecy in the verse, 3:81 as well as an assurance for us to eliminate any doubt from our hearts about Muhammad to be the prophesied messenger.
[74:30] Over it is nineteen.
Note: The hint of mathematical coding of Quran, the number 19 being the code (common denominator) and the sign (miracle) to support the messenger.
[15:9] Indeed, we have sent down the reminder, and indeed, we will preserve it.
Note: The divine promise to protect the Quran from any distortions is directly connected to the unveiling of the Quran’s code, which also serves as an evidence to avoid the myth around the traditional Muslim arena that the invisible force will come down to protect it when any extraneous materials are attempted to inject into it.
[27:82] When the punishment is almost due against them, we will produce for them a creature from the earth speaking to them that the people are not certain about our revelations.
Note: The prophecy in the Quran to produce a creature from the earth for authenticity of the Quran to bring people back to the Quran when the majority people are away from God’s revelations.
Note: This mathematical conformation is an explicit proof of the advent of the messenger supported with the number 19 followed by the fulfillment of the related prophecies and promise destined to purify the reminder as well as the religious practices in the event of their distortions.
- The exact message and the miracle
The messenger pointed to several verses associating with the Arabic word, dhikr in the Quran (15:6, 15:9, 21:2, 26:5, 38:1 & 8, 74:31) without providing clear evidences distinguishing the message and the miracle given to him. In fact, the miracle is embedded in the message given to the messenger in a set of verses found in sura 74 (Al-Muddaththir-The Hidden one). Hence, the message is well defined in the set of verses to be the mathematical coding of Quran including 19 being his sign (miracle) as well as the common denominator of the Quran:
[74:30] Over it is nineteen.
Note: Here is a hint of 19 to be the code of the Quran as well as a prophetic sign for the messenger chosen to unveil the mathematical coding of Quran.
[74:31] And we made the angels to be guardians of Hell, and we did not make their number except: (1) to warn the disbelievers, (2) to make certain for those who were given the scripture (Jews and Christians), (3) to strengthen the faith of those who believe (Muslims), and (4) to eliminate any doubt from those who were given the scripture (Jews and Christians) and the believers (Muslims). And that those who have disease in their hearts (hypocrites) as well as the disbelievers would say, “What did God mean by this allegory?” Thus, God misguides whomever He wills and He guides whomever He wills. None knows your Lord’s soldiers except He. And it (hiya) is but a reminder (dhikraa) for the humans.
Note: Both it (hiya) and a reminder (dhik’raa) in the last phrase of the verse are in the feminine form. According to the basic Arabic grammar rule, masculinity is by default and for femininity, it has to be something special to reflect this gender, and the reminder indicates the mathematical coding of Quran being distinct from the Quran, a reminder in the masculine form.
[74:32-34] Absolutely, (I swear) by the moon. And the night as it passes. And the morning as it shines.
Note: This is an oath of God consisting of 3 elements to strengthen our hearts to reflect on the sign and the reminder.
[74:35] Indeed, it (innahaa) is undoubtedly one of the great (signs).
Note: The 19 is confirmed to be a sign (miracle) for the messenger followed by an oath of God and the sum of the digits of sura and verse # i.e. 74:35 is 19 [7 + 4 + 3 + 5].
[74:36-37] A warning to the human race. For those among you who wish to advance or regress.
Note: The reminder (message) mentioned in 74:31 is a warning, which will be either accepted or rejected by the people when it comes to them is also affirmed followed by the oath of God.
Note: This is not only an explicit proof of both the message and the sign (miracle) given to the messenger precisely coded in a specific set of verses in the Quran but also an exact answer for the common question of many Muslims who ignore the divine message saying that if the messenger has come to us what is the message sent with him.
- The messenger sent with the reminder
God had sent an enlightened messenger with the reminder (dhikraa) while those who turned away from him saying him an educated mad will ask God for relieving the retribution to be believers when they see the retribution on the Day of Destruction:
[44:10] Therefore, watch for the day when the sky brings a profound smoke.
[44:11] It will envelop the people; this is a painful retribution.
[44:12] “Our Lord, relieve this retribution for us; we are believers”.
[44:13] How can be the reminder (al-dhik’raa) for them when an enlightened messenger had come to them?
[44:14] Then, they turned away from him and said, “An educated mad!”
[74:31] And we made the angels to be guardians of Hell, and we did not make their number except: (1) to warn the disbelievers, (2) to make certain for those who were given the scripture (Jews and Christians), (3) to strengthen the faith of those who believe (Muslims), and (4) to eliminate any doubt from those who were given the scripture (Jews and Christians) and the believers (Muslims). And that those who have disease in their hearts (hypocrites) as well as the disbelievers would say, “What did God mean by this allegory?” Thus, God misguides whomever he wills and He guides whomever He wills. None knows your Lord’s soldiers except He. And it (hiya) is but a reminder (dhikraa) for the humans.
Note: This is an explicit proof of a messenger (44:13) sent with the reminder (74:31), the mathematical coding of Quran, being connected through the Arabic word, dhik’raa in the feminine form, which is also a confirmation that Quran is a reminder for the world and so is its mathematical coding to guide people to the right direction.
Dr. Rashad took an initiative to translate the Quran to English when he realized that the existing English translations did not present the truthful message of the final message to humanity. According to him the translation of the first verse in Sura 2 is “A.L.M.” which coincided with the divine unveiling of “the secret,” the great mathematical Miracle of the Quran. Thus, the computer analysis of the Quranic initials was his key effort to find the mathematical system in the Quran in the middle of his translation effort of the Quran to English. The initial concept of the mathematical system in the Quran was supported with adequate proofs from the Quran calling them the miracles of the Quran. In fact, these are the built-in physical facts to validate the Quran to be divine message, to protect the revealed Quran from any distortions down its transmission, to perfect the beliefs and practices of religious rites, to confirm the crucial events and to avoid misinterpretation of certain commandments through investigations and observations of the Quran.
His acknowledgement and updated counts of certain initials establishing ground rules of counting are clear indications that other people helped him in the translation of the Quran as well as in counting of Quranic initials through further investigations and observations. However, those who have the opportunity to study and review his English translation of the Quran may find that there are errors and inconsistencies in it, and he was not to able to overcome the traditional mess in some cases even being a messenger of God for the ethnic background he came from.
He provided many logical and physical proofs about the mathematical system of the Quran but he was unable to precisely locate the message given to him in the Quran. The message has been pointed to several verses connecting to the Arabic word, dhikr in the Quran (15:6, 15:9, 21:2, 26:5, 38:1 & 8, 74:31) while the proofs of the messenger have been given from the calculation of the gematrical value of his name associating with the digits of certain sura and verse numbers. Even though these initial proofs were very significant to concentrate to the message and the messenger but are not specific details from the Quran. God willing, what we know now from further investigations and observations of the Quran that the sign of messengership and the message given to him are precisely coded in the verses (74:30-37) followed by the fulfillment of divine prophecies and promise in the Quran (3:81, 33:7, 15:9 and 27:82) supported with the sign of 19 (74:30).
Dr. Rashad who found the mathematical system in the Quran in 1974 is an inspiration of God to unveil the mathematical coding of the Quran as the involvement of the Gabriel is not found to come down to him with the message except confirming him to be a messenger of God. This divine communication method can also be clearly understood from the excerpt of his biography reflecting to his works as well as to the works done by others through further investigations and observations of the Quran even after him. Since the sign of the messenger and the message given to the messenger is very specific from the Quran, the people of the scientifically and technologically advanced era including down the generations is an opportunity to observe the God given religion in a right way even verifying with their common senses to avoid corruptions and misconceptions inserted into it.
Peaceful Friday, salaam and God bless. Tafazzal (8/17/2018).